- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
Persuasive writing isn’t fancy jargon for “marketing”–it’s actually its own beast. And believe it or not, you write persuasively every day without even realizing it. Like when you want to cash in your vacation days or need to convince your landlord to waive those steep late fees. And if you’re responsible for managing a group of employees, knowing how to write persuasively is key. How else do you expect to keep your workers on track with company goals?
Simply put, you don’t have to be a writer to show interest in learning persuasive writing techniques.
Led by University of Cambridge writing tutor Claire Lynch, this course guides you through the top principles that can be applied to most types of non-fiction writing. That includes drafts of emails, company speeches, reports, advertising, blogs, and more.
Across 60 lectures, Lynch will help you develop your voice and identify the writing techniques that will enhance your prose. She’ll also teach you how to say more while writing less, and leverage rhetorical techniques to engage your audience. The course even includes a few quizzes for you to take to ensure your understanding.
Best of all, Daily Dot readers can save 95% and unlock lifetime access for just $9.99 (regularly $200) through the Daily Dot Store.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Polish your photography skills with these five Skillshare classes
- I used a standing desk for 30 days and it changed my life
- 5 online marketing classes to help you smash the competition
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.