- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
Let a former Cambridge tutor teach you how to write persuasively
This course is chockfull of writing techniques effective for any author!
Persuasive writing isn’t fancy jargon for “marketing”–it’s actually its own beast. And believe it or not, you write persuasively every day without even realizing it. Like when you want to cash in your vacation days or need to convince your landlord to waive those steep late fees. And if you’re responsible for managing a group of employees, knowing how to write persuasively is key. How else do you expect to keep your workers on track with company goals?
Simply put, you don’t have to be a writer to show interest in learning persuasive writing techniques.
Led by University of Cambridge writing tutor Claire Lynch, this course guides you through the top principles that can be applied to most types of non-fiction writing. That includes drafts of emails, company speeches, reports, advertising, blogs, and more.
Across 60 lectures, Lynch will help you develop your voice and identify the writing techniques that will enhance your prose. She’ll also teach you how to say more while writing less, and leverage rhetorical techniques to engage your audience. The course even includes a few quizzes for you to take to ensure your understanding.
Best of all, Daily Dot readers can save 95% and unlock lifetime access for just $9.99 (regularly $200) through the Daily Dot Store.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Polish your photography skills with these five Skillshare classes
- I used a standing desk for 30 days and it changed my life
- 5 online marketing classes to help you smash the competition
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.