- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
Let a former Cambridge tutor teach you how to write persuasively
This course is chockfull of writing techniques effective for any author!
Persuasive writing isn’t fancy jargon for “marketing”–it’s actually its own beast. And believe it or not, you write persuasively every day without even realizing it. Like when you want to cash in your vacation days or need to convince your landlord to waive those steep late fees. And if you’re responsible for managing a group of employees, knowing how to write persuasively is key. How else do you expect to keep your workers on track with company goals?
Simply put, you don’t have to be a writer to show interest in learning persuasive writing techniques.
Led by University of Cambridge writing tutor Claire Lynch, this course guides you through the top principles that can be applied to most types of non-fiction writing. That includes drafts of emails, company speeches, reports, advertising, blogs, and more.
Across 60 lectures, Lynch will help you develop your voice and identify the writing techniques that will enhance your prose. She’ll also teach you how to say more while writing less, and leverage rhetorical techniques to engage your audience. The course even includes a few quizzes for you to take to ensure your understanding.
Best of all, Daily Dot readers can save 95% and unlock lifetime access for just $9.99 (regularly $200) through the Daily Dot Store.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Polish your photography skills with these five Skillshare classes
- I used a standing desk for 30 days and it changed my life
- 5 online marketing classes to help you smash the competition
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.