- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 4 Months Ago
- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
Keep your precious console safe with these Nintendo Switch cases
Which Nintendo Switch case is right for you?
The Nintendo Switch’s portability is awesome, but it’s also one of its flaws. Thankfully, there’s a Nintendo Switch case out there built for everyone from weekend warriors to daily commuters. Even if you mostly game at home, these cases are so affordable that you’ll want to nab one right now just in case you have a last-minute trip in your future.
1) Basic case
This case is a “no muss, no fuss” option. The hard lining protects your Switch from accidental drops. There’s even a space for up to 14 games and a small slot for accessories like a spare charger. It’s also less than $10.
Price on Amazon: $9.99
Face it: you bought your Switch to play first-party hits like Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon. Show off your fandom with one of six designs featuring all your favorite Nintendo greats. Plus, the case is built tough to protect your precious console. It comes with two cartridge holders to hold up to eight games.
Price on Amazon: $15.99+
If you game extra hard, you need a case that can handle all you throw at it. This case wraps around your console like a suit of armor and absorbs most anything you throw at it. The bumper takes all shocks and drops, and the back is totally scratch resistant. Not only does it protect your Switch, but the rubberized back will enhance grip and comfort.
Price on Amazon: $17.99
Are you the kind of gamer who travels a bunch? This case is built with you in mind. It’s big enough to carry your console, the Joy-Con grip, charger, and up to 18 Switch cartridges. But the best part is how accessible your Switch will be. The second you open the case up, it acts as a makeshift dock to prop up your console to play and charge it at the same time. Say goodbye to boredom on trains and airplanes.
Price on Amazon: $17.99
I understand: it’s impossible for you to leave the house without your Switch console. And because you won’t settle for just playing in portable mode, you’ve got to drag your dock along too. This case carries all that and more. There’s also plenty of room for your games, various cords, your Joy-Con Grip, and a few controllers. If you’re schlepping to a friends house or a family reunion, count on this case to bring the joy.
Price on Amazon: $22.99
This is strictly for Switch fans who simply won’t mess around when it comes to their precious console. There’s a reason it’s an “Elite Player” backpack. It comfortably fits every part of your console including the dock in illustrated internal pockets. And because of its padded straps, it feels nearly weightless when you’re lugging it around. It’s a godsend for any gamer on the go.
Price on Amazon: $29.99 (regularly $39.99)
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Don’t sleep on these Nintendo Switch games coming in August
- You won’t believe how affordable an Arcade1Up arcade cabinet is
- Race, dive, and soar through the skies with Nintendo Labo Vehicle Kit
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.