- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma 1 Year Ago
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Today 11:42 AM
- New York sues JUUL for marketing to teenagers Today 11:34 AM
- The new ‘Discworld’ TV series just gender-flipped several major characters Today 10:54 AM
- David Fincher is doing a ‘Chinatown’ prequel series, naturally Today 10:43 AM
- Congress thinks Facebook is misleading you about its location tracking Today 10:36 AM
- The cast and crew of ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ offer more teases on ‘Star Wars’ conclusion Today 10:34 AM
- #FartGate takes over Twitter after lawmaker appears to pass gas on live television Today 10:24 AM
- Cop was playing YouTube video when he crashed into woman’s car at 70 mph Today 10:10 AM
- 5 last-minute gift ideas people actually want Today 9:51 AM
- South Dakota anti-meth campaign goes viral—and officials love it Today 9:38 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein guards arrested, to be charged Today 9:05 AM
- TikTok teens are savaging Mayor Pete’s ‘High Hopes’ dance Today 8:41 AM
- The coolest Easter eggs in HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:13 AM
- Billie Eilish hit herself in the face with a mic—and reminded us why we love her Today 8:01 AM
Did you miss out on the Wii U? No worries! Now you can enjoy two of its great platformers in one with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
No, it’s not simply a Nintendo Switch port of New Super Mario Bros. U and the New Super Luigi U expansion. Adventure through every one of the game’s 164 levels alone, or with up to three friends. Because it’s on Nintendo Switch, you can play in docked mode or on-the-go. Here are a few of the features that make this game worthy of the name deluxe:
- Three new modes: Boost Rush, Coin Battle, and Challenges mode add a smack of competition to every session, while also tossing in an added level of difficulty for seasoned players.
- Need help? No problem: Less than perfect platforming players will be happy to know there’s a wealth of guide videos and hints. When all is lost, there’s also a Super Guide that lets you cruise through harder levels.
- Play with pals: Thwart Bowser with friends, or play competitively. However you choose to play, one Joy-Con set will cover you and your friend. Play with sideways Joy-Cons, just like on the NES.
- New playable characters: Mario, Luigi, and Yellow Toad are back, but the roster has two new additions. Nabbit, from New Super Luigi U, is literally invulnerable, making him perfect for newcomers. Newbies can also play as Toadette, who powers up with her internet-breaking Super Crown.
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is available exclusively on Nintendo Switch and comes out January 11, 2019. If you’re ready to smack down your pre-order, it’s on Amazon for $59.99.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The Nintendo Switch ‘Fortnite’ Bundle is a Victory Royale
- Smash Bros. Switch bundle lets new fans jump on the brawling bandwagon
- NEO GEO Mini lets you hold the power of the arcade in your hand
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.