- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
‘New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe’ powers up a platforming classic
Get ready to finally put on that Princess Crown.
Did you miss out on the Wii U? No worries! Now you can enjoy two of its great platformers in one with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
No, it’s not simply a Nintendo Switch port of New Super Mario Bros. U and the New Super Luigi U expansion. Adventure through every one of the game’s 164 levels alone, or with up to three friends. Because it’s on Nintendo Switch, you can play in docked mode or on-the-go. Here are a few of the features that make this game worthy of the name deluxe:
- Three new modes: Boost Rush, Coin Battle, and Challenges mode add a smack of competition to every session, while also tossing in an added level of difficulty for seasoned players.
- Need help? No problem: Less than perfect platforming players will be happy to know there’s a wealth of guide videos and hints. When all is lost, there’s also a Super Guide that lets you cruise through harder levels.
- Play with pals: Thwart Bowser with friends, or play competitively. However you choose to play, one Joy-Con set will cover you and your friend. Play with sideways Joy-Cons, just like on the NES.
- New playable characters: Mario, Luigi, and Yellow Toad are back, but the roster has two new additions. Nabbit, from New Super Luigi U, is literally invulnerable, making him perfect for newcomers. Newbies can also play as Toadette, who powers up with her internet-breaking Super Crown.
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is available exclusively on Nintendo Switch and comes out January 11, 2019. If you’re ready to smack down your pre-order, it’s on Amazon for $59.99.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The Nintendo Switch ‘Fortnite’ Bundle is a Victory Royale
- Smash Bros. Switch bundle lets new fans jump on the brawling bandwagon
- NEO GEO Mini lets you hold the power of the arcade in your hand
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.