- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird 9 Months Ago
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free 9 Months Ago
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? 9 Months Ago
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
‘New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe’ powers up a platforming classic
Get ready to finally put on that Princess Crown.
Did you miss out on the Wii U? No worries! Now you can enjoy two of its great platformers in one with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
No, it’s not simply a Nintendo Switch port of New Super Mario Bros. U and the New Super Luigi U expansion. Adventure through every one of the game’s 164 levels alone, or with up to three friends. Because it’s on Nintendo Switch, you can play in docked mode or on-the-go. Here are a few of the features that make this game worthy of the name deluxe:
- Three new modes: Boost Rush, Coin Battle, and Challenges mode add a smack of competition to every session, while also tossing in an added level of difficulty for seasoned players.
- Need help? No problem: Less than perfect platforming players will be happy to know there’s a wealth of guide videos and hints. When all is lost, there’s also a Super Guide that lets you cruise through harder levels.
- Play with pals: Thwart Bowser with friends, or play competitively. However you choose to play, one Joy-Con set will cover you and your friend. Play with sideways Joy-Cons, just like on the NES.
- New playable characters: Mario, Luigi, and Yellow Toad are back, but the roster has two new additions. Nabbit, from New Super Luigi U, is literally invulnerable, making him perfect for newcomers. Newbies can also play as Toadette, who powers up with her internet-breaking Super Crown.
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is available exclusively on Nintendo Switch and comes out January 11, 2019. If you’re ready to smack down your pre-order, it’s on Amazon for $59.99.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The Nintendo Switch ‘Fortnite’ Bundle is a Victory Royale
- Smash Bros. Switch bundle lets new fans jump on the brawling bandwagon
- NEO GEO Mini lets you hold the power of the arcade in your hand
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.