- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 3 Months Ago
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads 3 Months Ago
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Today 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Today 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Today 9:40 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
- How a Barron Trump time traveling conspiracy keeps going viral Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Will I be happier if I quit social media? Today 6:30 AM
- Free DVR makes Hulu with Live TV an even sweeter deal Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Black Lightning’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder Today 5:00 AM
- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
‘New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe’ powers up a platforming classic
Get ready to finally put on that Princess Crown.
Did you miss out on the Wii U? No worries! Now you can enjoy two of its great platformers in one with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
No, it’s not simply a Nintendo Switch port of New Super Mario Bros. U and the New Super Luigi U expansion. Adventure through every one of the game’s 164 levels alone, or with up to three friends. Because it’s on Nintendo Switch, you can play in docked mode or on-the-go. Here are a few of the features that make this game worthy of the name deluxe:
- Three new modes: Boost Rush, Coin Battle, and Challenges mode add a smack of competition to every session, while also tossing in an added level of difficulty for seasoned players.
- Need help? No problem: Less than perfect platforming players will be happy to know there’s a wealth of guide videos and hints. When all is lost, there’s also a Super Guide that lets you cruise through harder levels.
- Play with pals: Thwart Bowser with friends, or play competitively. However you choose to play, one Joy-Con set will cover you and your friend. Play with sideways Joy-Cons, just like on the NES.
- New playable characters: Mario, Luigi, and Yellow Toad are back, but the roster has two new additions. Nabbit, from New Super Luigi U, is literally invulnerable, making him perfect for newcomers. Newbies can also play as Toadette, who powers up with her internet-breaking Super Crown.
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is available exclusively on Nintendo Switch and comes out January 11, 2019. If you’re ready to smack down your pre-order, it’s on Amazon for $59.99.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The Nintendo Switch ‘Fortnite’ Bundle is a Victory Royale
- Smash Bros. Switch bundle lets new fans jump on the brawling bandwagon
- NEO GEO Mini lets you hold the power of the arcade in your hand
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.