- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ 3 Years Ago
- The 8-Bit Guy: Why retro tech and restoration isn’t just for ‘old white guys’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 MTV Awards for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why Hillary Clinton is getting blamed for a recent spate of unconnected deaths Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Nick Jr. online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
Don’t worry, the Red Wedding candle doesn’t smell like what you think it does.
The fictional world has (falsely) led you to believe that nerds smell like sweat and Mountain Dew. But, to some, it actually smells like freshly cut Hyrule grass, floral notes from the gardens of the Shire, or warm hints of caramel from a frothy Butterbeer.
At least, that’s what your home will smell like if your light one of the candles made by Etsy seller NerdieNifties. The shop features candles and body products that pull fragrances from your favorite fictional worlds. Everything from Game of Thrones to Animal Crossing are present in her shop.
The owner, a former design assistant, started the shop in 2014, after making a nerdy coaster set for her brother. She has since sold 2000+ items, so you can rest assured you’re getting more than just a cute label on a jar.
NerdieNifties encourages you to, “embrace your inner nerd.” We could definitely embrace some of these scents.
This candle has a warm, buttery caramel scent that will mentally apparate you straight to the Leaky Cauldron.
Nothing is more invigorating than the Roost’s finest cup of coffee. Shut up and take our bells!
3) Lon Lon Milk
Just as Hyrule’s most precious dairy elixir comes in three flavors, the candle also comes in three scents: chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla. Proceeds do not go to Ingo.
4) Red Wedding
What does one of the most tragic deaths in Game of Thrones history smell like? Mulled cranberries, what else?
Tip-toe through the tulips of Samwise Grangee’s garden. (Barefoot, of course.)
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Not being kidnapped and hijacked by the Capitol is a close second. Perhaps this candle would have brought Peeta back to his regular self.
7) Yoda’s Hut
The home of a 900-year-old Jedi Master who lives in a swamp might not be the first essence you’d want to capture, but apparently, Yoda’s home contains sweet undertones, like vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon. That guy is full of surprises.
The icy tip of Azeroth has a chilly, peppermint scent that will make you say, “WoW!”
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.