- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Every game company is jumping on the classic console bandwagon. But no mini console can hold a candle to the NEO GEO Mini.
Sure, it’s got 40 SNK arcade games from the ’90s NEO GEO heydays including Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, and King of Fighters packed in. Play each arcade throwback the way it’s meant to be played: with a joystick. Unlike other mini consoles, you can actually play it without the need to plug into a pesky television. Just plug it into any USB power source, and get your game on for hours.
Don’t worry, it works fantastic as a home console as well. Connect it to any TV or monitor with an HDMI input. And because SNK games are classically difficult, there’s a built-in save/load function making each title a little more forgivable.
If you’re looking to get friends involved, upgrade to the bundle, which comes with two NEO GEO Gamepads. Throw a King of Fighters 2000 tourney, or do a speed run of Metal Slug X. The NEO GEO Mini is available on Amazon for $95.30. And if you prefer to play with a controller, you can grab one in a bundle available for $133.29.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Hunt down the new Samus 3DS before it sells out
- These Nintendo Switch bundles are packed with Zelda treasures
- ‘Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions’ is two games in one
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.