- The best ‘Game of Thrones’ memes to get you pumped for season 8 3 Weeks Ago
- Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) vs Google Home Hub: Which is better? 3 Weeks Ago
- Solange sings along to Ariana Grande on Instagram Stories—and fans are obsessed Today 6:37 AM
- How to stream the entire ’30 For 30′ series for free Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! My happiest Facebook Memories are making me miserable Today 6:30 AM
- Musketeers: Welcome to the global Elon Musk fan network Today 6:00 AM
- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
6 sugar dating sites for people who know exactly what they want
Here’s the lowdown on the most legit sugar daddy sites.
In the olden days, like the ’80s, you’d probably saddle up to a ritzy hotel bar if you were looking for what we stereotypically think of as a sugar daddy. To find a sugar baby, it’d be even easier to figure out where young and less-established hang out.
Now, thanks to the internet, you no longer have to leave your house to attain your desires. You can click around to find someone who can offer you financial benefits in exchange for companionship, however platonic or complicated those parameters are.
- The best Tumblr alternatives for NSFW content in 2019
- The best sites for ethical porn
- SWERFS: Sex worker-exclusionary radical feminists, explained
But because not all sugar daddy sites and profiles are created equally and scams can set you back both emotionally and financially, it’s important to figure out which sugar daddy sites are legit and what red flags to watch for.
Not sure about any of it? Here’s the breakdown.
Are sugar daddy websites real?
Legit sugar daddy websites not only exist but have grown in popularity in the last few years. So how do you know which sites are real and which are just in it for your membership dues? We’ve got some tips below.
- Read site reviews. All you have to do is type in a site’s name followed by “review” and Google will auto-populate a list of comments by real people who have used the site for your exact intention. So if a site has a history of only hosting bots, you’ll know before they try to get you to give them your credit card information.
- Browse the site before signing up. Do you buy a car without test driving it first? Didn’t think so. The same can be said for online dating sites—after all, you have a lot of options, so wouldn’t you want to go with whichever caters more to your interests? Most sites let you sign up for free (you just may not be able to chat with other users), so it literally costs nothing to take a gander and see if there’s anyone you like.
Legit sugar daddy sites
Formerly known as SeekingArrangement, this is probably the most well-known of all the legit sugar daddy sites. Founded way back in 2006 with the goal of connecting people for “mutually beneficial relationships,” the site’s owner has even used it for matchmaking his own relationships. Seeking.com is free for sugar babies and allows sugar daddies to message, like, and flirt with a limited number of potential matches for free. And in addition to filling out a detailed profile—complete with public pictures and a wishlist—users will also be able to create a locked photo album (in case privacy is a concern).
Sugar Babies who have used this site have said: On the downside, you’ll have to sift your way through Splenda Daddies to find someone more generous. On the upside, since the rebrand from SeekingArrangement to Seeking, the number of genuine users (vs. scammers) on the site has dwindled.
Benefits for premium sugar daddy members: Preferred profile placement on Discover pages, verified status, unlimited messaging, custom search filters, ability to display up to three profile locations, messaging without a public photo, and ability to hide profile from searches.
Membership payment options (payable by credit card or MultiCards):
Considered one of the most legit sugar daddy sites, EstablishedMen launched in 2008 with one goal: to successfully connect younger women with older, affluent men. Since then, the site has largely grown its membership base and prides itself on helping its users fulfill their desires. The site is free for sugar babies, but sugar daddies will have to upgrade to a premium account if they want to unlock all the site’s features.
Sugar Babies who have used this site have said: For a free sugar daddy site, it offers about as much as one could expect. Finding a match (or even just a spark of chemistry) is difficult as many of the users don’t completely fill out their profile and go about the arrangement in a cheap and transactional manner.
Benefits for premium sugar daddy members: Premium member badge, notifications when new members join, exclusive access to new members, unlimited messaging, and your profile being recommended to new members.
Membership payment options (payable by PayPal or credit card):
- First Class Membership of 3,000 credits for $300/year
- Executive Membership of 300 credits for $147/every 3 months
- Intro Membership of 100 credits for $79/month
Since 2007, SugarDaddyMeet has been leading the world of real sugar daddy sites. Not only does it host a large membership base, but joining is easy and members can choose to verify their personal details (like age, income, photos, and education). The site is free for sugar babies, but sugar daddies will have to upgrade to a premium account if they want to unlock all the site’s features.
Sugar Babies who have used this site have said: There are a lot of fake profiles, little selection of real users, and the site has the tendency to suspend accounts for illegitimate reasons.
Benefits for premium sugar daddy members: Unlimited messaging, unlimited searches and winks, and you can initiate conversations.
Membership payment options (payable by PayPal/check card/credit card):
- 30-day Premium membership for $50/month
- 90-day Premium membership for $30/month
- 180-day Premium membership for $24/month
As one of the world’s largest real sugar daddy websites, SugarDaddyForMe boasts a membership base of over 4 million subscribers. Using a GPS-based system, users can search through profiles and see who’s online in the area (or any of the 10 major U.S. cities listed on the site) for free. The site is free for sugar babies, but sugar daddies will have to upgrade to a premium account if they want to unlock all the site’s features.
Sugar Babies who have used this site have said: There are a lot of fake profiles, but finding a genuine connection is possible (it just takes a lot of time, searching, and patience).
Benefits for premium sugar daddy members: SugarDaddyForMe offers two paid memberships. The Silver Membership offers notifications, unlimited chat, and profile searches. The Gold Membership offers that of the Silver, plus preferred profile placement, faster profile approvals, matches that go directly to your email, unlimited storage, and a history viewer.
Membership payment options (payable by money order/cashier check/credit card/check card):
- Gold Membership: $44.95/month
- Gold Membership + Total Access (allows non-paying members to contact you): $59.90/month
- Silver Membership: $39.95/month
- Silver Membership + Total Access (allows non-paying members to contact you): $54.90/month
Unlike many other sugar daddy sites, MissTravel.com has a focus on fun excursions, romantic vacations, and adventurous dates. So if you’re looking for a casual (but consistent) travel companion instead of a committed relationship, try MissTravel. The site is free for sugar babies, but sugar daddies will have to upgrade to a premium account if they want to unlock all the site’s features.
Sugar Babies who have used this site have said: If you’re a sugar baby who is unable to afford your own basic vacations but would like to travel (or are just looking for NSA fun outside of your home city) MissTravel will probably work for you. However, if you’re looking for the royal treatment complete with luxury excursions, look elsewhere.
Benefits for premium sugar daddy members: Unlimited messaging with members all over the world, invisible browsing, ability to appear in members’ search results under Featured Trips, and dashboard featuring new users daily.
Membership payment options (payable by credit or debit cards):
- $59.99/month for a 30-day Premium membership
- $54.99/month for a 90-day Premium membership
- $49.99/month for a 180-day Premium membership
When talking about legit sugar daddy sites, Secret Benefits is always mentioned. This site has a beautiful layout and hosts thousands of active members daily. It also allows users with free memberships to access all of the site’s crucial features. You can search by distance, age, recent activity, etc., upload public and/or private photo albums, and chat with other members for free. And unlike most other sugar dating sites, Secret Benefits helps its users break the ice by automatically messaging any profile you “like” with your pre-written greeting.
Sugar Babies who have used this site have said: This is the best site for finding a legitimate sugar relationship. There are a lot of active users and new users joining every day, so there is seemingly no shortage of anyone to talk to. Additionally, since the site requires you fill out the entirety of your profile, it’s easy to pick out sketchy profiles or those that have no chance at being a match before the conversation even has a chance to begin.
Benefits for premium sugar daddy members: Unlimited messaging likes, search options, and private browsing.
Membership payment options (payable by :
*Credits never expire
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.