- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there 12 Months Ago
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder 12 Months Ago
- Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Today 11:44 AM
- Graphic video shows father beating young daughter for being sexually active Today 11:40 AM
- Black conservative activist made #IceBae a thing Today 9:53 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
- 2020 celeb donations: Hanks loves Biden, Stamos stans Buttigieg Today 6:30 AM
- AirTV is essential for Sling TV subscribers Today 6:00 AM
- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
The Red Bull will never think to look for her at your house.
Fans of the 1982 fantasy film The Last Unicorn will tell you that we’ve gone thirty-five long years with close no official merch whatsoever. Not a t-shirt, a plushie, a pin, nothing. But then, like a flood of unicorns emerging from the sea, suddenly we were awash in it. What a glorious sight it is!
Now you can buy The Last Unicorn tarot cards, scarves, and even dresses. And thanks to ThinkGeek, we finally have a statue of the unicorn in all her pearlescent glory. Standing 7 1/2″ tall x 9″ wide, she is an ideal size for a bookcase or a desktop. Exclusive to ThinkGeek, this will send any fan of the film into paroxysms of joy before hurling their credit card at the computer. I say this from personal experience.
Since many fans of the novel are aware of author Peter S. Beagle’s lawsuit with his former manager over the rights of the film, you’ll be soothed to learn that Beagle is making profits from this statue. It was licensed by ITV, the company that owns the film’s rights. The official Peter S. Beagle Facebook page confirmed it just a few days ago.
The lovely unicorn is $49.99 and on sale through ThinkGeek now. We hear she’s selling well, so maybe if we vote with our dollars we can look forward to more characters to add to our collections. An Amalthea? A Schmendrick? Or maybe even – be still, my heart – a mighty Red Bull?
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Score the 30th anniversary edition of ‘Labyrinth’ for $15
- The most droolworthy Studio Ghibli merch you can buy
- Relive the reign of the Goblin King with the ‘Labyrinth’ board game
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.