- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Fans of the 1982 fantasy film The Last Unicorn will tell you that we’ve gone thirty-five long years with close no official merch whatsoever. Not a t-shirt, a plushie, a pin, nothing. But then, like a flood of unicorns emerging from the sea, suddenly we were awash in it. What a glorious sight it is!
Now you can buy The Last Unicorn tarot cards, scarves, and even dresses. And thanks to ThinkGeek, we finally have a statue of the unicorn in all her pearlescent glory. Standing 7 1/2″ tall x 9″ wide, she is an ideal size for a bookcase or a desktop. Exclusive to ThinkGeek, this will send any fan of the film into paroxysms of joy before hurling their credit card at the computer. I say this from personal experience.
Since many fans of the novel are aware of author Peter S. Beagle’s lawsuit with his former manager over the rights of the film, you’ll be soothed to learn that Beagle is making profits from this statue. It was licensed by ITV, the company that owns the film’s rights. The official Peter S. Beagle Facebook page confirmed it just a few days ago.
The lovely unicorn is $49.99 and on sale through ThinkGeek now. We hear she’s selling well, so maybe if we vote with our dollars we can look forward to more characters to add to our collections. An Amalthea? A Schmendrick? Or maybe even – be still, my heart – a mighty Red Bull?
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Score the 30th anniversary edition of ‘Labyrinth’ for $15
- The most droolworthy Studio Ghibli merch you can buy
- Relive the reign of the Goblin King with the ‘Labyrinth’ board game
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.