- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts 2 Years Ago
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
Fans of the 1982 fantasy film The Last Unicorn will tell you that we’ve gone thirty-five long years with close no official merch whatsoever. Not a t-shirt, a plushie, a pin, nothing. But then, like a flood of unicorns emerging from the sea, suddenly we were awash in it. What a glorious sight it is!
Now you can buy The Last Unicorn tarot cards, scarves, and even dresses. And thanks to ThinkGeek, we finally have a statue of the unicorn in all her pearlescent glory. Standing 7 1/2″ tall x 9″ wide, she is an ideal size for a bookcase or a desktop. Exclusive to ThinkGeek, this will send any fan of the film into paroxysms of joy before hurling their credit card at the computer. I say this from personal experience.
Since many fans of the novel are aware of author Peter S. Beagle’s lawsuit with his former manager over the rights of the film, you’ll be soothed to learn that Beagle is making profits from this statue. It was licensed by ITV, the company that owns the film’s rights. The official Peter S. Beagle Facebook page confirmed it just a few days ago.
The lovely unicorn is $49.99 and on sale through ThinkGeek now. We hear she’s selling well, so maybe if we vote with our dollars we can look forward to more characters to add to our collections. An Amalthea? A Schmendrick? Or maybe even – be still, my heart – a mighty Red Bull?
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Score the 30th anniversary edition of ‘Labyrinth’ for $15
- The most droolworthy Studio Ghibli merch you can buy
- Relive the reign of the Goblin King with the ‘Labyrinth’ board game
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.