- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
7 subscription services that make great last-minute gifts
Don’t fret. There’s still time!
It happens to the best of us: One week, you’re putting off holiday shopping, the next, Christmas is suddenly almost here. Take a deep breath. There’s no need to pull out your hair when coming up with solid gift ideas. Sometimes, it’s best to leave gift giving to the professionals.
There’s a subscription box for just about everything nowadays, from the latest nerdy essentials to ready-to-make meal kits. Finding a box of surprises dropped on your doorstep or inbox makes just about any day as happy as Christmas. It certainly beats an itchy sweater!
If you’ve waited until the last minute, these subscription services will surely please friends and family who are impossible to buy for.
1) Apollo Box
For the friend who’s impossible to please, Apollo Box is a great bet. The monthly subscription doesn’t waste your time with stuff you don’t want or need. It curates boxes according to your lifestyle and passions, leaving you satisfied with every delivery.
Price: $30+ a month or quarter
2) Hello Fresh
Saving anyone a trip to the grocery store and a night of no meal planning are just two reasons why HelloFresh makes such a great gift. The company delivers delicious meal kits to your door, packed with mouthwatering options, like chorizo and beef chili, cherry drizzled pork chops, or balsamic rosemary skirt steak. Each meal is as healthy as it is satisfying. There are even vegetarian options available. Choose between a meal kit for two or one for your entire family. Everything comes pre-portioned with easy instructions to cut down on waste and stress that usually comes with healthy home cooking. Best of all, meals start at just $7.87 a serving, a fraction of what you’d pay to eat out. Order a gift card, and HelloFresh will deliver your surprise via email. You can even schedule when you’d like the gift to be delivered.
Venturing past the perfume counter at the mall is always an ordeal. Save yourself from rogue sprayers and give the gift of awesome smells with Scentbird. Every month, subscribers can choose from over 450 scents from popular brands from Calvin Klein to Versace. Dip your toes into new perfumes before committing to a new favorite.
Do you have a total Snack Otaku in your life? This box has 15 tasty snacks from Japan that are as tasty as they are kawaii. All these tasty treats will get mouths watering more than an episode of Food Wars.
Surely, you know at least one person who sips whiskey in a highball glasses while staring out a window full of melancholy like Don Draper. Put a smile on their face by getting them a bottle of small-batch American made booze every month. Whether they’re into bourbon, whiskey, gin or vodka, each monthly delivery will leave them in high spirits.
We all know that one friend whose burned bridges with every barista in town because of their finicky coffee tastes. Luckily for them, Coffee Brewer Club exists. This service curates specialty coffees based on their tastes and flavor desired flavor profiles. When you sign up, you even get a kit which will have all you need to brew a tasty batch of joe.
Price: $34.50+ a month
There isn’t a soul on this spinning globe that doesn’t love to snack. Treat your loved ones (or yourself) to tasty sweet and salty treats every month. You’ll get high-end grub like solar-popped popcorn, a pop-tart small enough to fit in your pocket, every manner of artisanal pickle and countless more tasty options.
Price: $54+ a month
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 22 thoughtful gifts for parents who deserve a break this holiday
- 36 of the best gifts you can buy for each zodiac sign
- 23 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Featured items are sponsored and The Daily Dot receives payment. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.