- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
While October means horror movie marathon for many fans of Halloween, some people prefer their chills in the form of the written word. From The Shining to Silence of the Lambs, a good horror novel will keep you turning pages way past midnight.
Amazon’s Kindle sale might just come in handy for such a marathon. Today the 6 inch touchscreen Kindle is $30 cheaper than usual, making it $49.99 instead of it’s usual $79.99. It comes it both black and white and comes with Audible built in, as well as a Kindle Unlimited subscription free for 30 days. In other words, you can start reading all those horror classics ASAP.
And if reading terrifying stories isn’t your cup of tea? May as well knock out some Christmas shopping early at that price. The Kindle sale is for today only, so don’t wait if you want to snag one (or two or three).
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- This ‘Rick and Morty’ robe doubles as a scary-comfortable costume
- This unicorn candle holder is just as emotional as you are
- Open bottles ominously this Halloween with a cast iron skeleton hand
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and geek everything. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also represented CNN as a speaker for its Leadership Unplugged program.