- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors 11 Months Ago
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ 11 Months Ago
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Today 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
- People are stanning Elizabeth Warren’s respect for a train’s quiet car Today 1:16 PM
- Far-right mobs attacked queer kids after first Pride in Ukraine city Today 1:13 PM
- Influencer who photoshopped clouds into photos is partnering with the editing app Today 12:34 PM
- Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira team up for ‘Americanah’ Today 12:29 PM
- Video shows cop mocking Black ninth-grader who was detained at bus stop Today 12:27 PM
- Has Trump reversed course on fighting a war for the Saudis? Today 12:20 PM
- These iOS 13 features will have you racing to update your iPhone on Sept. 19 Today 12:05 PM
Since Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, most people got their partying done over the weekend. But just because you’re staying in doesn’t mean you can’t still celebrate the spookiest season of all as you give out candy to trick-or-treaters.
If you’d like to enjoy some scary games on Halloween night, give one of these a shot. They’re all available for digital download and can be ready to play in minutes.
Made by Shinji Mikami, who created the Resident Evil series, The Evil Within puts you in the shoes of a veteran cop forced to survive in a gruesome alternate universe.
Price on Amazon: $59.99
Not only is the Resident Evil series an ideal pick for Halloween night game time, but there are so many options to choose from. Just a few of the choices available for direct download include Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 7, and Resident Evil Revelations.
Price on Amazon: $5.99-$69.99
You are an insane painter trapped in a Victorian mansion, which you’ll explore as you spiral into the depths of your own madness. What’s not to love?
Price on Amazon: $19.99 – $23.99
In this murder mystery adventure game, you decide how the story ends. As you play the game, it carefully tracks your every move in order to better cater quests to reflect your perspective and desired gameplay.
This first-person psychological thriller is set in a super spooky 1940s hospital where you (and your fellow patients) must work together to stay out of danger, outrun evil, and discover who stole your heart and why.
This five-part series immerses you in Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comics like never before. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.
Price: $14.99 (regularly $24.99)
In the official video game adaption of Slender Man, you’re on your own…no one can help you, and no one can hear your screams. The suspenseful first-person game features a brand new Slender Man storyline but most importantly, it’s survival horror at its best.
Price: $1.49 (regularly $9.99)
You play Detective Dan Lazarski, a neural detective known as an observer (hence the name of the game). Your job? To hack into suspects’ minds and witness their crimes in twisted detail. You’ll experience their wildest fears firsthand as you dive deeper and deeper into the darkest cyberpunk world imaginable.
The year is 2033. Earth has been transformed into a wasteland and the only safe zone is deep beneath Moscow. You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire that turned Earth’s surface to poison but raised underground. Having never ventured beyond the city limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.
In this frightening zombie apocalypse survival game, it’s your job to recruit a community of (playable) survivors and fight back against the collapse of society as we know it. Your goal? To live another day.
11) Trapped Dead
Inspired by 80s zombie flicks, this third-person real-time strategy game takes place in rural Kansas City, Missouri. A genetically modified type of corn caused the existence of a new virus which mutated through the natural food chain. A dog bite of an infected animal caused a local outbreak of the virus which rapidly infected the inhabitants of the idyllic provincial town. Mike and Gerald, two college boys, are thrown into the middle of a terrifying horror scenario. Having pulled over to a gas station near Hedge Hill during what was meant to be an enjoyable road trip, they are unaware of the virus which has already reached the gas station and its staff.
Price: $4.99 (regularly $8.99)
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Scream your heart out with Trivial Pursuit: Horror Movie edition
- How to get your scare on during spooky season
- Betrayal at House on the Hill is the perfect game for your Halloween party
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.