- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ 1 Year Ago
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Today 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Today 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Today 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Today 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
Coding works a lot like magic—except, you know, it’s real. Teach any aspiring wizard coding fundamentals with this Harry Potter wand.
If your young’un is still waiting for their Hogwarts acceptance letter, this brilliant piece of tech will surely hold them over. Once they build it, the wand works with a handy app to do all the things wizarding school students do. They’ll make feathers float, multiply goblets, make pumpkins grow, and perform countless other magical activities.
But the real magic lies within the programming. With every flick of the wrist, budding wizards will pick up serious STEM skills. It works with most apps and computers and is as educational as it is fun to play with.
STEM skills may not repel Dementors, but they will help prep kids for the world of math and science. Help them get STEM-ready with the Kano Harry Potter coding kit, which releases on Amazon on October 1, and is available for pre-order for $99.99.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Brush up your web development skills with this $20 coding bundle
- Encrypt your internet connection and protect your personal data with ProtonVPN
- The complete ‘Harry Potter’ film collection is under $25 for Prime Day
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.