- Netflix dominates with 34 Golden Globe nominations across TV and film 3 Years Ago
- Ethan Klein has declared war on K-pop—and K-pop fans 3 Years Ago
- People are not happy with Steve Harvey’s cartel comment to Miss Colombia 3 Years Ago
- The decade conspiracy theories overtook the truth Today 9:14 AM
- Marianne Williamson duped into believing Trump pardoned Charles Manson Today 8:55 AM
- TikTok users are freaking out about ‘predicting’ Juice WRLD’s death Today 7:59 AM
- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice Today 7:00 AM
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
No matter the reason you chose to adopt the gluten-free lifestyle, it requires dedication. Especially during barbecue season, where everything on the picnic table seems to be contaminated with wheat and gluten. It’s a stressful time to watch what you eat, because you can’t stand to be disappointed by the amount of food you can’t consume.
Pasta salad, hamburger buns and beer are all your enemy, but they all received the same invitation to the same BBQ at Stacy’s house that you did. And you know you can’t survive off of just the gluten-free kale salad that you brought with you.
Worry no more, your gluten-free survival guide to summer barbecues is here to help.
1) No more snackin’ on solo cheese cubes, try these gluten-free oat crackers.
These crackers are so tasty, you’ll think they had gluten in them. Potter’s bakes crackers in an entirely separate room with separate equipment so you can ensure they never mingle with wheat-contaminated air.
Price on Mouth: $8.25
2) Don’t forget the mini salamis with those crackers too.
You deserve to fully experience the beauty that is the adult Lunchable.
Price on Mouth: $7.75
3) Don’t transform into a hangry jerk. Bring a snack guaranteed to fill you up, like Memphis BBQ jerky.
The makers at Three Jerks call this tasty beef jerky, “the filet mignon of the snack world.” It’s the next best thing to firing up the grill.
Price on Mouth: $14.25
4) You don’t have to skip dessert with these gluten-free cookies.
Tate’s chocolate chip cookies are the crispy, golden baked goods you drool over in your gluten-filled dreams.
Price on Mouth: $7.25
5) Bake your own summer pies with gluten-free, all-purpose flour.
You can have your cake, and pie, and tarts, and eat them painlessly too.
Price on Amazon: $11.05
These smell and taste so good, you won’t want to waste time with buns anyway.
Price on Amazon: $6.09
Who says you can’t load up on glorious carb-filled sides?
Price on Boxed: Four 12 oz. boxes for $6.79
Enjoy a summer ale without the ailments, thanks to the sorghum syrup in this home brewing kit. Even better, the amount you’ll make is far more cost-efficient than buying specialty gluten-free beers at the store.
Price on Amazon: $45.49
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.