- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post 2 Years Ago
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
- How ‘and I oop’ became the perfect reaction meme for shocking developments Today 8:47 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Perfection’ is a totally unhinged, WTF horror film Today 8:00 AM
- ‘After Maria’ looks at the long road to recovery after Hurricane Maria Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic’ movie is reportedly in the works Today 7:04 AM
- Why do conservatives hate Ocasio-Cortez’s community garden? Today 6:30 AM
Get the anime classic ‘Ghost in the Shell’ anniversary edition for $7.99
It’s the anime that made so many of us fans.
If you’ve been an anime fan for a long time, you may remember wandering the aisles of your local Blockbuster and running across the VHS for a film that would later become the foundation of your love for Japanese animation.
That film was Ghost in the Shell (or Akira, or both), and it’s still stunning decades after its original release. If you haven’t seen it since those days, do yourself a favor and pick up the 25th anniversary edition for a much-deserved re-watch. It’s been remastered and cleaned up for Blu-Ray, and word is the transfer is terrific (and it’s criminally cheap as well!).
Plus, there are a lot of things you could blow $7.99 on, but this is probably one of the better ones.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- These handsome utilitarian watches are $150 off right now
- Gamers should get the Razer collector’s mouse while it’s 40 percent off
- This deceptively slim wallet fits all your pocket essentials
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.