- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games
Game night is coming.
Waiting for new episodes of the HBO fantasy classic is torture. Help withstand the pain by duking it out with friends and family in these Game of Thrones board games.
Navigating palace intrigue can be murder, sometimes literally. Clue: Game of Thrones edition sets the classic mystery game in the Red Keep or on the streets of Meereen. Treacherous weapons include daggers, crossbows, and poison, wielded by Kingslayers and smallfolk alike.
Price: $39.99 (regularly $49.99)
It is said that the true power in Westeros lies with those who have the biggest purses. Become as rich and powerful as a Lannister by acquiring the lands of Westeros not through battle, but through shady real-estate deals. Play as iconic Game of Thrones items like direwolves, dragon eggs or even the Iron Throne itself.
Price: $43.98 (regularly $59.99)
If you’re far more Tyrion than Jaime Lannister, lay down your sword and face your foes with a battle of wits. Game of Thrones: The Trivia Game spans the first four seasons of the HBO series, quizzing you on all the deep cuts. The game comes with adjustable difficulty settings and is divided into seasons for those deathly afraid of spoilers.
Price: $28.89 (regularly $39.95)
There is perhaps no board game more fit for a Game of Thrones makeover more than Risk. This game of Risk offers two different battlefields. Become a commander in the 3-5 player version War of Five Kings, and try your hand at conquering Westeros. Or, if you’d prefer to be a breaker of chains, there’s the two-player battle between Khaleesi and the Ghiscari over the realm of Essos.
Price: $68.83 (regularly $74.99)
MORE PRIME DAY DEALS:
- HBO free trial: How to gain instant access without cable
- 7 creative writing classes that will mold you into the next Shirley Jackson
- First conquer these ‘Game of Thrones’ puzzles, then conquer a kingdom
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.