- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
Your phone camera was pretty good until this came along.
The popularity of having a physical camera seemed to fall into obscurity after we all started taking all our pictures with our phones, but thanks to Instagram, another interest was revived: taking pictures with lo-fi cameras.
That’s when Japanese company Fujifilm jumped in and took the trend to the next level, by making the the Instax Mini 8 series. These cameras are so cute you’d want one just as an accessory.
The cameras previously retailed for $75, but the Instax Mini 8 series is now on sale, starting at $50. They come in several lovely colors, including a pastel blue, a rich grape, basic black and white, and a happy yellow.
To #WIN these #INSTAX MINI 8 keyrings/zipper pulls, TAG 2 friends below to share them with! 💛💘💙 Competition ends tonight at midnight PST Sept 12 & you can enter as many times as you like 👍 on Facebook and Instagram. Just be a resident of Canada🇨🇦 or the USA🇺🇸 – winners will be randomly chosen. #mini8 #instaxmini #myinstax #fujifilm #keyring #competition #believeinfilm #giveaway #winner
A photo posted by Fujifilm Instax North America (@fujifilm_instax_northamerica) on
The camera itself is not the only cute thing in the Instax family. The film itself comes in plain Polaroid-style white (which is also on sale right now) and many fun patterns. And of course there are tons of great cases to choose from too. It’s popular in Japan to keep a Sharpie in your pocket and write a message on the photo to a friend or to remember the date.
Fujifilm also has nurtured a terrific Instax community, both on its own Instagram and through the Instax hashtag. Be sure to post your own when you get yours – not only is it fun to snap the photos, but the pics you get make perfect art!
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Break out your gel pens and get this ’90s Nickelodeon coloring book
- 5 high-tech school supplies Doc Brown would be impressed with
- This $10 tube will keep glasses from slipping down your nose
- Your cat will go nuts for this weird door gadget
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.