- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
The popularity of having a physical camera seemed to fall into obscurity after we all started taking all our pictures with our phones, but thanks to Instagram, another interest was revived: taking pictures with lo-fi cameras.
That’s when Japanese company Fujifilm jumped in and took the trend to the next level, by making the the Instax Mini 8 series. These cameras are so cute you’d want one just as an accessory.
The cameras previously retailed for $75, but the Instax Mini 8 series is now on sale, starting at $50. They come in several lovely colors, including a pastel blue, a rich grape, basic black and white, and a happy yellow.
To #WIN these #INSTAX MINI 8 keyrings/zipper pulls, TAG 2 friends below to share them with! 💛💘💙 Competition ends tonight at midnight PST Sept 12 & you can enter as many times as you like 👍 on Facebook and Instagram. Just be a resident of Canada🇨🇦 or the USA🇺🇸 – winners will be randomly chosen. #mini8 #instaxmini #myinstax #fujifilm #keyring #competition #believeinfilm #giveaway #winner
A photo posted by Fujifilm Instax North America (@fujifilm_instax_northamerica) on
The camera itself is not the only cute thing in the Instax family. The film itself comes in plain Polaroid-style white (which is also on sale right now) and many fun patterns. And of course there are tons of great cases to choose from too. It’s popular in Japan to keep a Sharpie in your pocket and write a message on the photo to a friend or to remember the date.
Fujifilm also has nurtured a terrific Instax community, both on its own Instagram and through the Instax hashtag. Be sure to post your own when you get yours – not only is it fun to snap the photos, but the pics you get make perfect art!
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Break out your gel pens and get this ’90s Nickelodeon coloring book
- 5 high-tech school supplies Doc Brown would be impressed with
- This $10 tube will keep glasses from slipping down your nose
- Your cat will go nuts for this weird door gadget
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.