- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
Your phone camera was pretty good until this came along.
The popularity of having a physical camera seemed to fall into obscurity after we all started taking all our pictures with our phones, but thanks to Instagram, another interest was revived: taking pictures with lo-fi cameras.
That’s when Japanese company Fujifilm jumped in and took the trend to the next level, by making the the Instax Mini 8 series. These cameras are so cute you’d want one just as an accessory.
The cameras previously retailed for $75, but the Instax Mini 8 series is now on sale, starting at $50. They come in several lovely colors, including a pastel blue, a rich grape, basic black and white, and a happy yellow.
To #WIN these #INSTAX MINI 8 keyrings/zipper pulls, TAG 2 friends below to share them with! 💛💘💙 Competition ends tonight at midnight PST Sept 12 & you can enter as many times as you like 👍 on Facebook and Instagram. Just be a resident of Canada🇨🇦 or the USA🇺🇸 – winners will be randomly chosen. #mini8 #instaxmini #myinstax #fujifilm #keyring #competition #believeinfilm #giveaway #winner
A photo posted by Fujifilm Instax North America (@fujifilm_instax_northamerica) on
The camera itself is not the only cute thing in the Instax family. The film itself comes in plain Polaroid-style white (which is also on sale right now) and many fun patterns. And of course there are tons of great cases to choose from too. It’s popular in Japan to keep a Sharpie in your pocket and write a message on the photo to a friend or to remember the date.
Fujifilm also has nurtured a terrific Instax community, both on its own Instagram and through the Instax hashtag. Be sure to post your own when you get yours – not only is it fun to snap the photos, but the pics you get make perfect art!
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Break out your gel pens and get this ’90s Nickelodeon coloring book
- 5 high-tech school supplies Doc Brown would be impressed with
- This $10 tube will keep glasses from slipping down your nose
- Your cat will go nuts for this weird door gadget
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.