- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok 4 Years Ago
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Today 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Today 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Today 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Today 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Today 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Today 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Today 10:45 AM
- Likely file Saudi prince sent to Jeff Bezos’ to hack his phone revealed Today 10:10 AM
- Will Olivia Jade have to testify against her mother, Lori Loughlin, in bribery trial? Today 10:07 AM
- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ Today 9:26 AM
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? Today 8:59 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for podcast comments Today 8:53 AM
- Lizzo reps Beyoncé’s Ivy Park collection in adult-themed TikTok Today 7:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge Today 7:00 AM
Fireworks are a patriotic staple in Fourth of July celebrations, but they’re cause for concern. You’re causing a giant flammable object to explode for sheer joy. After a full day celebrating in the sun, potentially even a few beers, and what could possibly go wrong?
Between the safety hazards and the toxicity to the air, it’s no wonder many states have outlawed the selling and distribution of these colorful fire-sticks.
That doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. Ditch the fireworks and try one of these safer, colorful alternatives instead.
Uncle Milton’s fireworks light show projector is like a Nerf gun, but instead of darts, it releases dazzling fireworks on your ceiling. At the squeeze of a trigger, it sounds off crackling fireworks sounds. Price on Amazon: $21.41
This mini projector is about the size of a smartphone but is one of the best projectors you can buy for well under $100. You can use it to watch fireworks shows (Disney’s are particularly magical), and then get plenty of mileage out of it for movie nights the rest of the year.
Price on Amazon: $53.89
If the projectile light is your favorite part of fireworks, replace the flying embers with LED. These Galaxy Shooters are glow-in-the-dark rockets that slingshot into the sky. It’s just as fun as running for your life from a freshly lit fuse.
Price on Amazon: $19.99
You’d be surprised by how fun glow sticks can be again, when you have 200 illuminating your backyard in the dark. Also good for patriotic raves.
Price on Amazon: $15.99
Hey, it’s your Fourth of July party, and you can take a Katy Perry song as literal as you want to. That’s the beauty of freedom.
Price on Amazon: $16.95
6) If you absolutely need some pyrotechnics, go with sparklers.
Yes, Amazon really does sell everything. Good old-fashioned sparklers are less dangerous than most fireworks, but that doesn’t mean they can’t do harm. More importantly some states consider these illegal, so check your local laws here before lighting up.
Price on Amazon: $13.86
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 10 best-selling books about your favorite music icons
- 14 beer koozies for the coolest summer
- Get the G-BOOM ‘speaker of the year’ on sale for $80
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.