- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Make your directorial debut a success with this online course bundle
Hollywood won’t know what hit ’em.
So you’re thinking about going to film school, aye? Well, maybe you should reconsider. Not for a lack of talent or anything – but because the Film Director Essentials Bundle can teach you everything you need to know for just $20.
This bundle of online courses teaches you the ins and outs of directing and provides you with expert tips from the trade. It’s broken into four workshops with each subject taught by a professional in the field. You’ll master everything from casting to cinematography, and even how to better frame your shots.
And in addition to the seminars, users will also be able to practice their newly acquired skills in guided production simulations. Want to know more about what this bundle has in store? Read the course breakdown below!
Directing a film is a lot like sailing a ship: there’s a myriad of moving parts, and, without the right guidance, it’s bound to be a wreck. Led by an industry expert with more than 25 years of experience, this course offers an inside look at what goes into a real production. You’ll start by covering the basics in the classroom then follow along with the process of shooting a scene, sitting through a table read, and more across 25 lessons.
The casting director’s job doesn’t stop at finding talent. These professionals play a vital role in overseeing contracts, negotiations and staying in the loop with the director, actors, and their agents. Led by an actor-turned-casting-director, this course offers a unique look at what it takes to succeed in the position and turn every production into a wellspring for talent and creativity.
Not even the most talented actors can make a film succeed without a solid cinematographer on deck. This expert-led training guides you through what it takes to tell a story from start to finish and capture it on camera. A director of photography with more than 15 years of experience will accompany you as you learn about the technical and professional aspects of the position itself and how to start capturing stellar content.
No need to sweat your first day on set. In this course, you’ll explore the basic concepts, equipment, and conduct associated with working in a production’s grip, lighting or electric departments. In addition to the essentials, this course includes detailed discussions of set protocol and etiquette, equipment demonstrations and other helpful information to ensure you start your first day confidently.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Prepare to be wooed by Audible’s brand new Romance Package
- Polish your photography skills with these five Skillshare classes
- The best video games of 2017 you may have missed out on
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.