- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
So you’re thinking about going to film school, aye? Well, maybe you should reconsider. Not for a lack of talent or anything – but because the Film Director Essentials Bundle can teach you everything you need to know for just $20.
This bundle of online courses teaches you the ins and outs of directing and provides you with expert tips from the trade. It’s broken into four workshops with each subject taught by a professional in the field. You’ll master everything from casting to cinematography, and even how to better frame your shots.
And in addition to the seminars, users will also be able to practice their newly acquired skills in guided production simulations. Want to know more about what this bundle has in store? Read the course breakdown below!
Directing a film is a lot like sailing a ship: there’s a myriad of moving parts, and, without the right guidance, it’s bound to be a wreck. Led by an industry expert with more than 25 years of experience, this course offers an inside look at what goes into a real production. You’ll start by covering the basics in the classroom then follow along with the process of shooting a scene, sitting through a table read, and more across 25 lessons.
The casting director’s job doesn’t stop at finding talent. These professionals play a vital role in overseeing contracts, negotiations and staying in the loop with the director, actors, and their agents. Led by an actor-turned-casting-director, this course offers a unique look at what it takes to succeed in the position and turn every production into a wellspring for talent and creativity.
Not even the most talented actors can make a film succeed without a solid cinematographer on deck. This expert-led training guides you through what it takes to tell a story from start to finish and capture it on camera. A director of photography with more than 15 years of experience will accompany you as you learn about the technical and professional aspects of the position itself and how to start capturing stellar content.
No need to sweat your first day on set. In this course, you’ll explore the basic concepts, equipment, and conduct associated with working in a production’s grip, lighting or electric departments. In addition to the essentials, this course includes detailed discussions of set protocol and etiquette, equipment demonstrations and other helpful information to ensure you start your first day confidently.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Prepare to be wooed by Audible’s brand new Romance Package
- Polish your photography skills with these five Skillshare classes
- The best video games of 2017 you may have missed out on
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.