- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
Get ‘Sid Meier’s Civilization VI’ and the expansion pack for under $50
Take on bigger empires — and threats — with the latest Civ experience.
Sid Meier’s Civilization series is something of an anomaly in gaming culture. The grandaddy of turn-based strategy gaming has been around for years and it’s still producing award-winning games that innovate and improve on the genre it helped build. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, the series’ latest installment, is no exception.
Winner of 15 E3 Awards, including Best PC Game and Best Strategy Game, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI challenges players to take on history’s greatest leaders and create an empire that stands the test of time. From military domination to scientific achievement, there are multiple ways to win – but all require smart planning and brilliant tactics.
While the victory conditions have remained mostly the same, the series’ newest edition changes things up. How do two parallel tech trees and an innovative city system sound? What’s more, personal history will affect the decisions of competing leaders – which is huge! This also encourages unique strategic agendas that add to the empire-building experience.
The new Rise & Fall expansion pack builds upon Sid Meier’s Civilization VI’s challenges and helps create new ones. With a new loyalty mechanic, every decision you make counts and can affect the allegiances of your opponents and citizens. So whole cities are now capable of shifting alliances and even breaking free.
As if that wasn’t enough, your leadership decisions also play a bigger role in when sought-after Golden Ages occur. Make the right choices, and you can fast-track your empire’s progress. Get too reckless and you can take your empire spiraling down a Dark Age, complete with its own unique and harrowing challenges.
Victory is far from easy, but each installment’s new challenges keep players coming back for more. See what this award-winning game experience and its new expansion are about for yourself, and get Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Bundle for $56.99 from the Daily Dot store. That’s reduced from the usual price of $89.98. But as an added bonus, our readers can save an extra 15% off the sale price of all three versions with this coupon code: SAVE15NOW. Meaning you can get the bundle for under $50 –just remember to apply the code at checkout!
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The new Zelda Hylian Shield 2DS XL is one legendary portable
- This Big Boo lamp will turn any bedroom into a ghost mansion
- ‘Pokemon Let’s Go!’ Pikachu and Eevee are a childhood dream come true
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.