- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
Even since that broadcast in 2017 when BTS members J-Hope and SUGA appeared wearing sheet masks, fans have wondered how the Korean group takes care of their skin. After all, it’s drop-dead gorgeous: dewy, clear, and making them all look like they drink gallons of water a day (although after those dance routines, they probably do).
It wasn’t long before BTS had partnered with the very same skincare brand that made the masks they wore that day. Mediheal’s first collab with the boys sits high on our very own list of the best sheet masks thanks to their quality and performance. And today Mediheal debuts a brand new addition to their collab series with BTS: The Bio Capsulin Love Me mask set, which comes with three essence-soaked bio-cellulose sheet masks cutely packaged in colorful hearts.
I got a chance to try out all three masks, and just like the prior set, these do not disappoint. While the first collab’s masks are ideal for every season, the Bio Capsulin mask fabric is denser because of the bio-cellulose material they are made with–meaning they’d pack an especially powerful punch in the fall and winter months! They can be worn anytime, but you’ll want to have some of these handy when October rolls around.
Just like the prior mask series, each mask in the set addresses different skin concerns. Each mask contains “Pink Oil Capsules” with Jojoba oil, which helps skin stay moisturized and cuts down on sebum production. Mediheal also tells us that this is one of Jungkook’s favorite ingredients (not a shock, since he’s known for his love of scents).
The moisturizing mask does what its name implies, while the brightening mask will make your complexion look more even and the soothing mask is ideal for breakouts and irritated skin. While the instructions advise that the mask be worn for 10-15 minutes, I found that I was able to wear it for over an hour and it still had moisture in it when I peeled it off. I also noticed the essence took a while to fully absorb after removal, another hint to me that this mask is going to be incredible during colder months when your skin is dry.
The only downfall of these masks in comparison to the first series is that they do not come with a photocard pack-in.
While the Bio Capsulin Love Me mask sets will be available worldwide after August 20, but at the moment they are exclusive to Beautytap. The Korean beauty-centric retailer also offers a three-day shipping service so you can get these beauties in your hands quickly. If you’d like to see more of what they offer with this option, check out the selection here.
These mask sets will retail for $19.99, and like all things BTS, we expect them to sell out pretty quickly (apparently they lasted all of three hours after going on sale in South Korea). So if you want to get your dream glow on, pick these up and get to maskin’.
Looking for more skincare tips? Here’s what you need to know about doing a multi-step skincare routine and the best sheet masks to add into it. You may also enjoy our primers on choosing the best cleanser, toner, sunscreen and more.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The 20 best Korean beauty sheet masks
- How to do the Korean beauty 10-step skincare routine
- The best Korean beauty products for $10 or less
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.