- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Monday 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Monday 11:55 AM
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
When it comes to shopping for a personal massager, you have more options than just Hitachi. And for some reason, a lot of people don’t know this. Which, if we’re being honest isn’t the worst thing in the world. The magic wand by Hitachi is pretty awesome – it’s body-safe, easy-to-use, and trusted by people of all shapes, sizes, orientations, and genders.
But it’s a little too basic for some – which makes sense as it was and still is marketed as a back massager.
Don’t get me wrong, the two-speed motor will definitely get the job done. But that’s all there is to this bad boy, two speeds. And even though this alone has been enough to ordain it with a lifetime of cult status, others demand more from their sex toys. And that, my friends, is perfectly acceptable too.
So if you’re one of those people, read on for a list of personal massagers that are more up to your speed.
- 14 couple toys that will make your sex life explosive
- The ultimate guide to strap-ons
- Here are all the different ways you can use a vibrator
The best personal massager you can get online
Along with the power and speed of a vibrator’s motor, the texture of the toy is a feature that can also make or break it. If a toy is too dull, too stiff, or too big, using it won’t just be boring but it won’t be enjoyable either. The iroha Zen by TENGA adds a much need pop of color and texture to the world of personal massagers (as well as your adult toy collection). Designed with “soft-touch” silicone iroha Zen is the exact opposite of stiff, it’s velvet-smooth and kind of squishy! Added to that is its rippled texture which heightens the intensity by massaging as it vibrates. Although this is a more basic personal massager (it only has four speeds and runs on batteries) its innovative and unique design makes up for it. The iroha Zen is available in three colors: YUZUCHA (orange), HANACHA (pink), and MATCHA (green).
Although it’s pricey, it would be wrong for us to not include We-Vibe’s vibrating wand on the list of best personal massagers. Designed with body-safe silicone, this beautiful toy is cordless, waterproof, easy-to-clean, and lube-friendly. It features 10 vibration modes (from a steady pulse to teasing tempo), a low-power alert, two custom attachments, and Smart Silence technology which turns off the vibrations as soon as you pull it away from your body (this is great for people who need to be quiet!).
Reviewers claim this is the most powerful personal massager to ever exist (maybe). It’s designed with 28 vibration patterns, a bendable neck, and a silicone form–making it waterproof and body-safe. You can’t go wrong with that price, either!
If you’ve got a flexible budget, this might be the best personal massager for beginners. Like the iroha Zen, the iroha Fit is designed with soft-touch silicone which makes it silky smooth, incredibly soft, and more dust-resistant than other silicone toys. It’s also a more basic vibrator, featuring three speeds (high, medium, low) and a pulse mode. However, unlike iroha Zen, this personal massager is rechargeable–just slip it into its magnetic case, plug it in, and watch it juice up!
Price: $83.99 (regularly $130)
Like the Magic Wand, the Bodywand personal massager is also plug-in and able use be used with various attachments (sold separately). It’s not quite as versatile as some of the other adult toys on this list, but it’s significantly cheaper than the Hitachi version making it the perfect dupe!
If you’ve got a tighter budget for sex toys, this personal massager by Luna should do the trick! Its 4.5-star Amazon rating speaks for itself, but if you need to know more before digging in here’s a quick rundown of all the info that matters: Luna’s personal massager is designed with body-safe silicone, a rechargeable battery, and intuitive memory–so you can pick up where you left off. It’s completely waterproof, relatively quiet, has a somewhat flexible head, long-lasting battery and quick charge time. But what I like most about this toy is that the patterns and speeds are controlled by two separate buttons, say so long to all the shuffling!
Among the PlusOne’s line of incredibly powerful waterproof vibrators is this affordable personal massager. It’s designed with high-quality body-safe silicone so it’s silky yet firm, and rechargeable via USB. Users will be able to take advantage of the toy’s 10 settings with its semi-flexible neck (which is ideal for precise stimulation). However, it is a louder device so if privacy is a concern of yours, you may want to save this gadget for the shower!
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 16 best-selling vibrators according to Amazon
- This is everything you need to know about the different types of lube
- 6 rabbit vibrators for when you need to be quick
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.