- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post 3 Years Ago
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
10 amazing fandom bags for chic geeks
Your bag will say it all.
Before the Internet, geeks with a thirst for cool bags had a much harder time finding them outside of Hot Topic. Thanks to Etsy and other geek retailers, carrying your stuff in proper nerdy style is just a click away.
In fact, the market is glutted, which gives us a new kind of problem: too much to choose from.
There are some real standouts if you know where to look. Here are a few of more rare and unusual options that will get you noticed.
Japanese fashion line Samantha Vega released this Sailor Moon collaboration line in 2015, which sadly sold out almost immediately. But if you don’t mind a knockoff to get the same look, there are tons to be found.
Price on Amazon: $24.98
You could buy the cheap, mass-produced Totoro stuff that’s all over the mall there days, or you could buy this one-of-a-kind bag which no one else will have.
Price on Etsy: $35
3) Attack on Titan backpack
If you’re going to defend the human race against the unflappable jaws of massive Titans, you might as well do so with style.
Price on Amazon: $29.01
This little bag is cool for two reasons. One, it’s appropriate to bring to dinner while also making a tongue-in-cheek reference about your fandom, and two, it would pair nicely with your Harley Quinn cosplay.
Price on Amazon: $30.95
Your backpack is Link’s shield. If this isn’t the best damn thing since discovering the majesty of Hyrule Field, we don’t know what is.
Price on Amazon: $34.99
Sadly, this cute little wallet bag won’t fit a wand, but that shouldn’t keep you from showing it off when you finally visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Price on Amazon: $34.99
Vans staked a claim on our wallets when it announced its Nintendo line earlier this year, dropping not only shoes but cool bags too. The rainbow Mario style is, by far, the best of the bunch.
Price on Amazon: $41.88
Not only does this bag look extremely stylish, it also falls perfectly in line with the Klingon aesthetic.
Price on Amazon: $75.95
9) Tardis purse
There are a lot of Doctor Who purses in the wild, but having one that looks looks like a miniature Tardis is just too delightful. It’s a small bag, but we all know there’s more room on the inside.
Price on Etsy: $85
Other people will only get your bag if they are fans of the Neverending Story. But if someone else does get it, you’ll likely make a new friend on the spot.
Price on Etsy: $160
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.