- This viral video of Pope Francis not letting anyone kiss his hand is weird 3 Years Ago
- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? 3 Years Ago
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Today 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Today 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Today 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Today 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Today 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
Your bag will say it all.
Before the Internet, geeks with a thirst for cool bags had a much harder time finding them outside of Hot Topic. Thanks to Etsy and other geek retailers, carrying your stuff in proper nerdy style is just a click away.
In fact, the market is glutted, which gives us a new kind of problem: too much to choose from.
There are some real standouts if you know where to look. Here are a few of more rare and unusual options that will get you noticed.
Japanese fashion line Samantha Vega released this Sailor Moon collaboration line in 2015, which sadly sold out almost immediately. But if you don’t mind a knockoff to get the same look, there are tons to be found.
Price on Amazon: $24.98
You could buy the cheap, mass-produced Totoro stuff that’s all over the mall there days, or you could buy this one-of-a-kind bag which no one else will have.
Price on Etsy: $35
3) Attack on Titan backpack
If you’re going to defend the human race against the unflappable jaws of massive Titans, you might as well do so with style.
Price on Amazon: $29.01
This little bag is cool for two reasons. One, it’s appropriate to bring to dinner while also making a tongue-in-cheek reference about your fandom, and two, it would pair nicely with your Harley Quinn cosplay.
Price on Amazon: $30.95
Your backpack is Link’s shield. If this isn’t the best damn thing since discovering the majesty of Hyrule Field, we don’t know what is.
Price on Amazon: $34.99
Sadly, this cute little wallet bag won’t fit a wand, but that shouldn’t keep you from showing it off when you finally visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Price on Amazon: $34.99
Vans staked a claim on our wallets when it announced its Nintendo line earlier this year, dropping not only shoes but cool bags too. The rainbow Mario style is, by far, the best of the bunch.
Price on Amazon: $41.88
Not only does this bag look extremely stylish, it also falls perfectly in line with the Klingon aesthetic.
Price on Amazon: $75.95
9) Tardis purse
There are a lot of Doctor Who purses in the wild, but having one that looks looks like a miniature Tardis is just too delightful. It’s a small bag, but we all know there’s more room on the inside.
Price on Etsy: $85
Other people will only get your bag if they are fans of the Neverending Story. But if someone else does get it, you’ll likely make a new friend on the spot.
Price on Etsy: $160
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.