- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
10 amazing fandom bags for chic geeks
Your bag will say it all.
Before the Internet, geeks with a thirst for cool bags had a much harder time finding them outside of Hot Topic. Thanks to Etsy and other geek retailers, carrying your stuff in proper nerdy style is just a click away.
In fact, the market is glutted, which gives us a new kind of problem: too much to choose from.
There are some real standouts if you know where to look. Here are a few of more rare and unusual options that will get you noticed.
Japanese fashion line Samantha Vega released this Sailor Moon collaboration line in 2015, which sadly sold out almost immediately. But if you don’t mind a knockoff to get the same look, there are tons to be found.
Price on Amazon: $24.98
You could buy the cheap, mass-produced Totoro stuff that’s all over the mall there days, or you could buy this one-of-a-kind bag which no one else will have.
Price on Etsy: $35
3) Attack on Titan backpack
If you’re going to defend the human race against the unflappable jaws of massive Titans, you might as well do so with style.
Price on Amazon: $29.01
This little bag is cool for two reasons. One, it’s appropriate to bring to dinner while also making a tongue-in-cheek reference about your fandom, and two, it would pair nicely with your Harley Quinn cosplay.
Price on Amazon: $30.95
Your backpack is Link’s shield. If this isn’t the best damn thing since discovering the majesty of Hyrule Field, we don’t know what is.
Price on Amazon: $34.99
Sadly, this cute little wallet bag won’t fit a wand, but that shouldn’t keep you from showing it off when you finally visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Price on Amazon: $34.99
Vans staked a claim on our wallets when it announced its Nintendo line earlier this year, dropping not only shoes but cool bags too. The rainbow Mario style is, by far, the best of the bunch.
Price on Amazon: $41.88
Not only does this bag look extremely stylish, it also falls perfectly in line with the Klingon aesthetic.
Price on Amazon: $75.95
9) Tardis purse
There are a lot of Doctor Who purses in the wild, but having one that looks looks like a miniature Tardis is just too delightful. It’s a small bag, but we all know there’s more room on the inside.
Price on Etsy: $85
Other people will only get your bag if they are fans of the Neverending Story. But if someone else does get it, you’ll likely make a new friend on the spot.
Price on Etsy: $160
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and geek everything. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also represented CNN as a speaker for its Leadership Unplugged program.