- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old 1 Month Ago
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing 1 Month Ago
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video 1 Month Ago
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case 1 Month Ago
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Today 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Today 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting Today 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Today 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Today 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Today 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Today 10:56 AM
- Exposé about Bernie staffer’s Twitter leads to his firing—and an online class war Today 10:40 AM
- Netflix adds Top 10 feature to showcase what’s popular Today 10:24 AM
- YouTube permanently bans ‘news’ channel that said impeachment was ‘Jew coup’ Today 10:21 AM
- FIFA pro banned from all EA games following threatening rant Today 10:16 AM
Seeing a fortune teller should be fun as long as you know what to look for. Attitude and accuracy are two of the most important traits a reader can offer, and if a reader doesn’t possess both the experience can sometimes feel heavy-handed. Read on to learn where to get your fortune read online and how to choose a reader to ensure you have an enjoyable time.
What is fortune-telling?
Since what seems like forever, people have been interested in what comes next and forecasting the future (both broadly and on a more personal level). This has inspired people, across cultures and time periods, to determine and practice different approaches to predicting the future. Think tarot cards, numerology, astrology, etc. Some of these exercises involve a spiritual perspective (known as methods of divination), while other techniques are strictly for entertainment purposes and what we more commonly refer to as “fortune-telling.”
Is fortune-telling real?
This is the question everyone wants answers to. The reality is simple: fortune-telling is for entertainment purposes only. It’s supposed to be fun, not necessarily factual. So although there can (and should) be truth within your fortune, it’s to be taken with a grain of salt and not dignified as some indisputable certainty.
As for psychic readers, their services should be considered educated guesses based off on their particular perspective. So don’t take anything they say to be more than just suggestions! To ensure a quality reading, here are a few tips for you to keep in mind before you book a session.
- Be cautious, do your research, and read reviews of both websites and psychics. I cannot stress enough how important this is–even if a site is legit, swindlers have occasionally found ways to break through the barrier. The easiest way to avoid them is by reading verified customer reviews of each and every psychic you consider a potential match instead of just throwing money at your first pick.
- Allow your psychic to lead the session and answer their questions as simply as possible. There’s no need to run off on tangents or provide supplemental information (this isn’t a psychotherapy session). If you’re worried you haven’t given them a clear enough response, ask if they would like you to go into greater detail but don’t freely offer up more specifics than any given question requires.
- Listen for clues. Watch out for credible details and other elements applicable to your life the psychic wouldn’t know about unless they truly know what they’re doing.
- Don’t be afraid. It’s true what they say about confidence–it’s key! So even if you have no experience in working with psychics, it’s important that you’re confident in yourself and your ability to decipher suggestion from manipulation. If a reader tries to make you feel like you’re doomed or suggests a ton of supplemental readings to help guide you to the right path, then they’re probably just in it for your cash and not your well-being.
- 5 places to find online pet mediums and connect with your best friend
- 4 of the most reliable sites for past life readings
- 6 sites to visit if you want a free psychic love reading
Where to find the best fortune teller online
If you’re looking for the best fortune teller online, you’ve come to the right place. Listed below are a few recommended sites that offer free fortune-telling services, games, horoscopes, and live online psychic readings.
The psychic fortune tellers over at Keen know what they’re doing. Although the site has low ratings on customer review services like SiteJabber, you’ll see most of the complaints aren’t about the readings themselves but how the site runs its payment options. So to avoid any conflict, reviewers recommend only loading the amount of money you plan to use for a reading at any given time. Because if you upload $40, spend $15 on a call and then forget about the balance and let sit too long, Keen will deduct value for “inactivity.”
Keen is offering all new users three free minutes to use towards any reading! I got one recently and you can read my full Keen reading review here.
Established in 1999, Kasamba has become the world’s largest and most popular site for accurate fortune tellers. Psychics create a profile advertising their services and pricing, and users can rate and discuss their experience directly on-site or by using the mobile app. Kasamba psychics are available 24/7 and offer a variety of readings such as love readings, tarot readings, personal astrology readings, and more.
Currently, Kasamba is offering new clients three free minutes to chat with an online psychic.
Price: $2.50+/min (regularly $4.99+/min)
This is a really good source for online tarot and fortune-telling games, free horoscopes, information and guides to Vedic astrology, the zodiac, numerology, the Chinese zodiac and horoscopes, face reading, free birth chart readings, horoscope studies, and “Astrology TV” (vlog-style YouTube predictions and astrological discussion videos from Dadhichi Toth astrologers). And if you happen to be in the mood for a live online reading, astrology.com.au has that too (it’s just not free).
Price: Online readings and games are free, prices vary for live readings
Remember the Magic 8 ball you played with as a kid? This site offers a free crystal ball reading that works in a similar fortune-telling fashion. Just type in any yes or no question and let the site decide your fate! Goddess Flight also offers free numerology compatibility charts, “Card of the Day” tarot pulls, horoscopes, personality quizzes, and more. In addition to free readings, you can also commission in-depth chart readings for a pretty competitive price.
If you’re looking for more than just a love fortune, Horoscope.com should be your source. The site offers users free fortune-telling games, horoscope readings, tarot, access to live psychics, and more.
Price: Most services are free except for services provided by psychics whose prices start at $1.99 for 10-minutes (not including the first 3 minutes since they’re free)
6) The Circle
Popular in the United Kingdom, The Circle offers clients a plethora of real fortune tellers online to choose from. Since 1997, the site (which now also has a mobile app) has prided itself on guiding its users to fulfilling their dreams. Readers on the site are monitored by a management team to ensure high-quality readings and customer satisfaction.
The Circle is so sure you’ll love your experience that it has cut the reading price for new clients by over 80%, with prices starting at just $0.59 per minute for the first 10 minutes.
Price: $0.59/min (for the first 10 minutes)
Get your fortune online for free with FortuneTellingPlus.com. The site offers basic numerology readings, daily horoscopes, a guide to palm reading, and the art of fortune-telling, as well as a tarot card reading–all for free! The site is easy to navigate and a great source of entertainment but it doesn’t offer much for those looking for more advanced readings or literature.
Want a little more guidance? Check out our crash course on numerology or this guide on how to read a birth chart, we’ll also show you where to go for accurate tarot readings and what sites to use for a reliable psychic love reading.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The 6 best sheet masks for winter
- CBD taught me how to relax and now I can actually sleep at night
- 10 best supernatural movies on Shudder
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.