- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads 1 Year Ago
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free 1 Year Ago
- How to watch every movie in the MCU before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The apocalypse has never been more aimless than in Days Gone Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Boston bomber voting’ discourse is America at its dumbest Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Top Gear’ for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Getafe online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How safe is the ‘safest’ place in Winterfell? Today 5:00 AM
- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
Gotta go fast.
Everyone loves home cooking, but its hard to make the time to actually do the thing. Get your hands on the best electric pressure cookers and you can make dinner faster than you can rev up your Domino’s app.
Pressure cookers used to be cumbersome tools that required special training to use. They were impossible to clean, messy, and were more expensive than a couch made of rib-eye steaks. Newer pressure cookers are not only a breeze to use, they’re within reach of most budgets. While stovetop models work great, electric pressure cookers generate far less heat in your kitchen and do the job incredibly fast. Plus, once dinner is over, most models clean with a simple wipe. Here are five of our favorites.
If you reach for your nuker for most meals, rest assured it can crank out more than just popcorn and Lean Cuisine. Fill the cooker with dinner fodder, snap it closed and pop it into the microwave. In as little as 20 minutes, your lowly microwave can dish out everything from tender short ribs to chicken tikka masala. Plus, it takes up little space. If you’re in a dorm room or a tiny kitchen, this cooker is a godsend.
Price on Amazon: $60
Crock-Pot, America’s favorite electric cooker, is no longer satisfied simply being slow. This model isn’t the kind you plug in the morning and leave stewing all day. What are we, Amish? No, this pot is strictly for speed demons. It’s got eight dedicated settings including pressure cook, brown and sauté, and if you’re feeling old-school, slow-cook. There’s even a recipe book to help you dip your toes in the glorious world of pressure cooking.
Price on Amazon: $70
Many pressure cookers have about eight dedicated button settings to cook everything from bone-in pork to rice. This one has 16. If you simply can’t be bothered to program a cooker, this cooker is for you. Simply push a button and rest easy. It caters to Fahrenheit and Celsius for all you metric fans. There’s even a glass lid to keep food warm after it’s done.
Price on Amazon: $80
Crock-Pot is to slow cookers as Instant Pot is to pressure cookers. Instant Pot is perhaps the most recognizable name in electric pressure cookers, and for good reason. This weeknight meal workhorse is incredibly easy to use. Put it to use in minutes, or delay cooking for up to 24 hours. Fourteen built-in programs make it a breeze to use right out of the box. It’s the best-selling pressure cooker on Amazon, and for good reason.
Price on Amazon: $100
The Cadillac of pressure cooking. Instant Pot Duo Plus not only has a gorgeous LCD display—you know, in case you want to cook in the dark—but it can even make cake! Let’s see any other pressure cooker do that. It does everything you want a pressure cooker to do, and a few things you wouldn’t dream of. Not only will it make chili, rice, and cheesecake lightning fast, but it will sterilize your mason jars for processing. The kind of reliable pressure cooker that will stick by your side for life.
Price on Amazon: $130
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Hunt down the new Samus 3DS before it sells out
- You do NOT want to miss Amazon’s massive board game sale today
- 10 coffee accessories everyone should have in their kitchen
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.