- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
After getting a taste of home cooked meals over the holidays, do you really want to go back to picking up a burger on your way home from work every night?
No? Then make your New Year’s resolution to cook more, and learn how to do it well. It sounds simple in theory, but if whipping up recipes by yourself still seems a little daunting, consider investing in one of these cookbooks.
Ina Garten was everyone’s favorite wholesome meme this year, so why not celebrate what she actually does for a living too? In addition to some fire recipes, the book includes stories of her life with husband Jeffrey Garten. It doesn’t get more adorable than that.
Price on Amazon: $18.99+
If you know Anthony Bourdain from CNN’s Parts Unknown, you know that any cookbook of his will make you a more cultured human being. With the help of the bad boy of cooking, you can experiment a little in the kitchen, even as a beginner.
Price on Amazon: $19.99
3. Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix and Slow Cooker Recipes by Gina Homolka and Heather K. Jones
If you want to try out a healthier lifestyle once the holidays die down, this will be a great guide. It provides nutrition facts for all of the dishes, making it easy to track whatever the newest dietitian tells you to keep an eye on. It’s also great if you don’t have much time to cook actively since all of the recipes are either for a slow cooker or can be made in 30 minutes or less. The book comes with tons of vegetarian and gluten-free options too.
Price on Amazon: $3.99+
Alton Brown’s just as much of a source of entertainment as he is an expert on food, and that shines through in this book. He keeps it real, and also teaches you a few things about cooking and food along the way.
Price on Amazon: $14.99+
Southern cooking often comes from a place of love and community, so how can you have a cookbook for southern food without some sentimental stories to go with it? Whether you want to deeply ingrain yourself in the culture behind Southern cooking or just want to learn how to make fried okra, order a copy of this.
Price on Amazon: $16.99+
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The Serenity coloring book will bring back all your fandom feels
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Amanda Booth is an ecommerce specialist who focuses on Etsy and Amazon deals. Her work has also been published by VH1. She joined IBM as a content designer in January 2018.