- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior 3 Years Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes 3 Years Ago
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators 3 Years Ago
- Report: Trump the only 2020 contender who won’t rule out using stolen data Today 9:01 AM
- House Republicans offer bipartisan net neutrality bill—but there’s a catch Today 8:30 AM
- This Loki meme is the new way to play dumb Today 7:30 AM
- Mark Duplass and Ray Romano transcend the typical bromance in ‘Paddleton’ Today 7:00 AM
- 15 new thrillers on Netflix you need to see Today 7:00 AM
- Indie horror movie ‘The Hole in the Ground’ is legit terrifying Today 6:40 AM
- Every Apex Legends character, ranked Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ delivers a powerfully political episode Thursday 8:30 PM
- Bowser is taking over Nintendo—and the memes make themselves Thursday 7:02 PM
- California aims to strengthen data breach notification law Thursday 5:37 PM
- Feds say college student operated drug business through gaming app Thursday 4:36 PM
- Trump is again using old videos to claim his border wall is ‘under construction’ Thursday 4:05 PM
11 coffee accessories to make your mornings brighter
Java look at these essentials.
The moment you wake up, before you put on makeup, say a little prayer for any poor, unsuspecting souls who dare disturb you before caffeine hits your system.
Whether taken black, sugared up, or cracked out with espresso, coffee is loved universally. When you rely on the stuff to function, anything that makes your daily routine easier is a solid investment.
These accessories will help make your mornings a more pleasant experience, which is great news for those around you, too.
The future is here. Your phone can lock the doors, close the blinds, set the lights, and even make you a cup of Joe. This coffee maker syncs with an app on your device, so you can get a pot brewing without even being home. You can also put it on a custom schedule so making coffee is one less thing to worry about in your daily routine.
Instead of sleepily rummaging for the coffee scoop in the morning, this handy accessory doubles as a clip to keep your beans fresh.
The ultimate mug for lazy people! Save yourself another spoon to wash with this battery-powered self-stirring mug. Push the button on the handle and it turns on a small propeller at the bottom of the mug. The cream and sugar can mix themselves—ain’t nobody got time for that.
There’s nothing sadder than a fresh cup of coffee that’s gone lukewarm because you got too caught up in emails and meetings. Keep that cup warm until you’re ready with this USB-powered mug heater. Plus that cute polar bear smiling at you will warm your cold, dead heart.
Want a piping hot coffee ice cold in five minutes? As long as you have access to a freezer, this travel mug will chill your drinks without any ice to dilute the caffeine you needed 10 minutes ago. Pop the stainless steel mug and insulating sleeve in the freezer, and your drink comes out ice-cold. It’s also spill-proof in case you haven’t quite woken up yet.
6) Travel press
Relax, coffee snobs. You don’t have to sacrifice quality when you’re short on time. This Kickstarter-backed travel mug has a built-in press for smooth brews on the go. Its filter system is particularly noteworthy if you’re not a fan of getting a mouthful of grinds.
Save your precious hands from scalding coffee cups. This BPA-free glass mug has dual walls to keep from overheating or getting gross condensation everywhere.
Perfect for people who can’t seem to ever bring a mug in the house from their car! This mug collapses into a spill-proof pod so you can free up all the cup holders from this week’s morning coffee.
If you hate making decisions, this is the travel mug for you! The Pijio is advertised as a tea infuser, but it can quench all your beverage needs. The infuser is also good for cold brew and fruit-flavored water for when you’re feeling fancy. The glass can withstand hot or cold beverages so you can continue to be crippled by choices.
You don’t need expensive, counter-hogging equipment for a decent espresso at home. This tiny, portable, pill-shaped device will do all the work with the pump of your hand. Just add hot water and ground beans for a single shot of espresso.
Will this make your life easier? Probably not. But as you pour hot coffee, the colorful bricks start to appear while you come to life from the caffeine. Don’t tell us that sorcery’s not going to make your morning a little bit cooler.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article.
Photo via Olga Filonenko/Flickr (CC by 2.0)
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.