- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
This belongs under every single Christmas tree.
It’s been well over a year since The Force Awakens introduced a whole new lineup of sweet merch, and the hottest toy to come out of it all is still Sphero’s BB-8 robot. (Sorry, Chewbacca mom.)
Sphero’s version of BB-8 moves through an app on your phone, but it’s much more sophisticated than your average remote-control robot. But to start, he can fly 4.5 mph at a 100-foot range.
This toy has an adaptive personality that changes over time as you play. It records and projects holograms, and, just like you, reacts to Star Wars movies with a bunch of excited sounds when they play.
BB-8 now even has a companion smartwarch. Sphero recently introduced the Star Wars Force band, which controls BB-8 without your phone—like a real Jedi.
A toy this high-tech normally costs $149.99, but you can get one for $50 off while this deal or supplies last. This is a hot holiday item, so it will likely sell out quickly at this price.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Amazon’s Cyber Monday toy sale gives Santa a run for his money
- The PlayStation 4 Uncharted bundle is down to just $212
- Final Fantasy XV is 20 percent off on Amazon, and you get exclusive DLC
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.