- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Stop being an uncultured swine.
This past weekend kicked off award season with the 75th annual Golden Globes awards ceremony. Which means the People’s Choice, Emmys, IFC and SAG awards and more are just around the corner.
If you haven’t checked out the full list of Golden Globes winners or the other 2018 awards show nominees, you should get on that. But if you don’t have the time to sift through all the nominations, we get it. That doesn’t give you a pass for sticking to your roots as an uncultured swine though. We’ve done most of the digging for you and compiled a short list of Golden Globes winners and titles nominated in other award ceremonies.
Plus, they’re all available through Amazon Video. So if you’re not a Prime member already, you may want to try out that 30-day free trial just to stream these bad boys.
1) Get Out
Nominations: (Golden Globes) Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy (BAFTA) Best Screenplay (Original), Best Leading Actor (SAG) Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role (AACTA) Best Screenplay, Best Lead Actor
Awards: (AFI) Movie of the Year
From the producer: It’s time for a young African-American to meet with his white girlfriend’s parents for a weekend in their secluded estate in the woods, but before long, the friendly and polite ambience gives way to a nightmare.
Price on Amazon: $12.96+
2) Lady Bird
Nominations: (Golden Globes) Award for Best Screenplay – Motion Picture, Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture, (SAG) Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role (Critics’ Choice) Best Comedy, Best Acting Ensemble, Best Supporting Actress, Best Actress, Best Screenplay, Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress in a Comedy (BAFTA) Best Actress in a Leading Role, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Best Original Screenplay (Independent Spirit Award) Best Supporting Female, Best Female Lead, Best Screenplay, Best Feature (Satellite Award) Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Original Screenplay, Best Actress – Motion Picture, Best Motion Picture (Gotham Independent Film Award) Best Screenplay, Audience Award, Breakthrough Director (AACTA International Award) Best Screenplay, Best Film, Best Direction, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress (ADG Excellence in Production Design Awards) Contemporary Film
From the producer: Set in Sacramento, CA, Lady Bird follows a 17-year-old girl who fights against yet is exactly like her loving but highly opinionated mom. Their turbulent bond is at the center of this deeply affecting look at the relationships that shape us as we grow up.
Price on Amazon: $14.99
Awards: (Golden Globes) Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series – Drama, Best Television Series – Drama
From the producer: The Handmaid’s Tale starring Elizabeth Moss and based on Margaret Atwood’s classic novel about life in the dystopia of Gilead, a totalitarian society in what was formerly part of the United States.
Price on Amazon: $24.99
Nominations: (Independent Spirit Award) Best First Screenplay, Best First Feature
From the producer: Ingrid is an unstable woman who moves to LA to befriend Taylor, who has a great boyfriend and a ton of online followers. Her plan is threatened when Taylor’s brother arrives.
Price on Amazon: $14.99
Nominations: (Critics’ Choice) Television Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Television Award for Best Comedy Series, Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Awards: (Golden Globes) Best Performance By An Actress In A Television Series – Musical Or Comedy, Best Television Series – Musical Or Comedy
From the producer: In 1958 New York, Midge Maisel’s life is on track – husband, kids, and elegant Yom Kippur dinners in their Upper West Side apartment. But when her life takes a surprise turn, she has to quickly decide what else she’s good at – and going from housewife to stand-up comic is a wild choice to everyone but her.
Price on Amazon: Free with Amazon Prime
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- This plus-size ‘Sailor Moon’ collection is everything we needed and more
- Here are the best books for your brand new Kindle
- 20 of the weirdest things you can give Amazon money for
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.