- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale
Essentially the best list of anime series to date.
In honor of Anime Month, Amazon has select anime Blu-ray and DVDs on sale. But here’s the catch, the deal is only good for one day only–today!
The sale includes both box collections and individual seasons of some of the most popular anime of the last decade. So not only will master anime collectors be happy they have a ton of titles to choose from, but with up to 60% in savings, their bank accounts won’t be able to complain about it either. To sneak a peek at what’s on sale, continue reading.
List of anime series on sale
From the director: Explore the far reaches of the galaxy in this undeniably hip series that inspired a generation – and redefined anime as an indisputable art form. The Bebop crew is just trying to make a buck. This motley lot of intergalactic loners teams up to track down fugitives and turn them in for cold hard cash. Spike is a hero whose cool façade hides a dark and deadly past. The pilot Jet is a bruiser of a brute who can’t wait to collect the next bounty. Faye Valentine is a femme fatale prone to breaking hearts and separating fools from their money. Along for the ride are the brilliant, but weird, hacker Ed and a super-genius Welsh Corgi named Ein. On their own, any one of them is likely to get lost in the sprawl of space, but together, they’re the most entertaining gang of bounty hunters in the year 2071.
Price: $19.99 (regularly $29.99)
From the director: Hana was a student before she was a mother. She was bright and pretty, and her future held endless possibilities. Then she met a man, who turned out to be a wolf, and together they built a family. Hana loved her mate fiercely, but fate took him from her, leaving her alone with two unusual kids she didn’t know how to raise. Frightened of being discovered, Hana and her wolf children fled to the countryside to build a new life. Raising her little wild things was an adventure. It left Hana bruised, scratched, exhausted, and joyously overwhelmed as her pups grew stronger and wandered further every day. This is a mother’s journey. Teach your children to chase their dreams – and smile through the tears as they disappear into the world in search of who they will become. Hana wasn’t always a mother, but it was always what she was meant to be.
Price: $11.99 (regularly $22.70)
From the director: The snack pack is back, and this time they’re bringing the toys…toys and games, that is! Right as things are raring to go, Hotaru suddenly leaves. With the queen gone, the snack kingdom crumbles, and Shikada Dagashi goes from shop to shack. Now it’s up to Kokonotsu to bring it back to life! Ready to make some serious changes, Kokonotsu’s vision is brought to a halt when a convenience store opens across the way! And the owner has a familiar sense of absurdity that keeps the crew on their toes. Luckily, they gain a new face and a new drive to share the love of Dagashi! But will it be enough to keep them afloat while they wait for Hotaru’s anticipated return?
Price: $20.40 (regularly $39.98)
From the director: In this imperfect world, the stories are what make it beautiful. Journeying the land and visiting the unique countries all around is Kino and her talking motorcycle, Hermes. Together, the two travel from place to place, experiencing new cultures and people. But despite how enjoyable some lands may be, Kino will only stay in each country for three days or less with just enough time to gather stories and memories before continuing on the open road. While some countries can be pleasant and enjoyable, others are dark and sinister. From lands with legalized murder to cruel hierarchies, Kino experiences it all while keeping her wits—and a pair of guns—about her.
Price: $32.07 (regularly $64.98)
From the director: Hang on to your seats for a gripping story, unlike any other Garo adventure! Horrors teem in the shadows of Russel City, where something sinister has just awakened. Seeking to vanquish this darkness is Sword, the legendary knight in golden armor, with simple desires and a reputation for getting the job done. When a headstrong teen named Sophie comes along in search of her missing brother, she and Sword get caught in a twisted fate. Banding together, they chase their only clue—El Dorado.
Price: $31.01 (regularly $64.98)
From the director: Based off the popular game, Tales of the Abyss will take you to a fantastic world where fate is written in Fonic Stones and the will to defy it lies in those who are mere replicas. Pampered Prince Luke fon Fabre is suddenly thrown from his life of luxury into an adventure unlike any other. Together with a group of magic-users, he’ll learn about his world and the dark truth about his existence.
Price: $26.17 (regularly $54.98)
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- How to watch your favorite classic ’90s anime online
- Get your nerd on with ThinkGeek’s Funko Pop B2G1 sale
- This Sailor Moon game brings us back to the ’90s in the best way
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.