- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
Free shipping, early access to deals and more.
Although Amazon Prime is well-known, many of its benefits are not. Prime memberships are good for more than just free two-day shipping! Signing up for Amazon Prime opens up a world of discounts and benefits that you didn’t even know existed. Regardless of what you’re shopping for, a Prime membership can offer major savings on merchandise (and of course, shipping).
If you’ve been deciding on whether an Amazon Prime membership fits your lifestyle, be sure to check out some of the lesser-known Prime perks listed below.
If you’re an avid gamer, movie buff or just someone who likes to have the newest collectibles ASAP, this is for you. By pre-ordering items through Amazon you’ll receive free shipping and even have the items delivered to your door the day they’re released. Amazon Prime members will also receive a $10 Amazon gift card and guaranteed release-day delivery for every video game pre-order they purchase through the site (hard copies only).
Your Amazon Prime membership allows you unlimited, ad-free access to your favorite TV shows, movies and music. You can even download your favorite tunes for offline streaming. Why not pump up the jams with this Prime perk?
Amazon Elements is Amazon’s own line of everyday essentials. Shop from vitamins to baby wipes and everything in between. Best of all, this Prime exclusive is completely transparent about the ingredients and origins of their products. So now you’ll never have to wonder what’s in your favorite items or where they came from.
Gain access to sales and deals before non-members. As a Prime member, Amazon’s infamous Lightning Deals are available to you 30 minutes before being open to the public. This means you’ll have a better shot at getting the deal of your dreams, especially on major shopping holidays like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Now you can read any book or magazine you’d like on your Kindle or Fire tablet, without having to purchase it. The Prime Reading Catalog allows you to borrow any reading material in the Prime library. So if you’re trying to find a new novel series or just want to read a particular magazine article, now you can without burning your hard-earned cash.
6) Kindle First
Similar to Prime Early Access, this perk allows Kindle users to download a new book for free every month. You even get to pick from the Kindle First list, which offers users early access to new novels.
Normally a $14.95/month value, you’ll have unlimited access to Audible Channels for free. Choose from hand-curated playlists, original stories and podcasts that suit your interests. You’ll even receive access to Prime exclusive audiobooks. So instead of listening to the radio play the same hits 100 times over, you can listen to something more interesting.
Subscribe and save up to 20 percent on diapers and 15 percent on other eligible family items. So not only are you saving a nice chunk of change, you’ll never have to worry about running out of baby supplies again!
Along with your Prime membership comes access to one of the most popular gaming live stream sites, Twitch. With Twitch Prime, members will receive free access to one Twitch channel per month, exclusive monthly game loot, emotes and chat badges, as well as ad-free viewing.
10) Prime rewards
Members who use the Amazon Prime Visa or Store card to pay for their purchases are eligible for five percent cash back on all Amazon.com orders. Alternatively, members can earn up to two percent back on purchases with Amazon Prime Reload.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Amazon’s Indie Beauty Shop is a secret gold mine for makeup gurus
- How to use Nintendo’s Switch eShop to its fullest
- How much is Hulu? The cost of every plan and add-on explained
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.