- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament 10 Months Ago
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes 10 Months Ago
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
“Alexa, reheat my coffee. Please.”
If you’re one of those people who must get their hands on all of the Alexa-enabled devices, Amazon just gave you a run for your money.
Yesterday, the massive online retailer announced that it would be adding Alexa to 70+ gadgets. Yes, you read that right – over 70 new devices will now be Alexa compatible. And because of this, she (as in Alexa) is changing how we do things.
You used to need two hands to microwave a cup of coffee, but not anymore. Now all you need is to tell this Alexa-enabled microwave to reheat your coffee and boom, she’ll do it. And she’ll do it right, because unlike you, Alexa knows her presets.
These newly Alexa-enabled devices aren’t here to just make your life easier. They’re here to actually improve your daily activities, and in turn, make your life better. So if you’ve been saving up for a crazy expensive sound system, just grab the new Echo Subwoofer and stereo bundle and you’ll feel like you’re living in a concert hall. And if you’re worried about your kids getting lost on the road, just have them take Alexa so she can guide them en route with Echo Auto.
Amazon even gave the Echo Show a major upgrade, so you may as well just toss your boring tablet. Now this baby can playback messages, movie clips, and the chorus to your favorite song in beautiful HD sound. And now with an even bigger screen (10″ to be exact), looking up recipes has never been easier.
If you’re looking to upgrade one of your everyday devices for something a little smarter, Amazon’s new line of Alexa-enabled devices might be your top contender–especially if you’re already a Prime member. Want to know what gizmos caught our eye? Continue reading!
Alexa-enabled devices new to the Amazon lineup
The Fire TV Recast is a DVR that lets you watch and record cable TV at home or on-the-go with a Fire TV, Echo Show, or compatible mobile device—with no monthly fees. All you need is an HD antenna and you can record up to two shows at once!
Revamped with a much larger screen, the Echo Show is still the only Alexa-enabled device that will allow you to watch videos, look up recipes, and even check your home security cameras for you. And by using eight microphones and far field technology, Alexa is still able to hear you even over your cranked-up tunes. As Alexa grows smarter so does your system, meaning Amazon will constantly be rolling out new compatibilities like Skype, which will be adding its own app to this Echo device very soon!
Quick-cook voice presets and a simplified keypad let you just ask Alexa to start microwaving. And as Alexa grows smarter, more presets and updates will be made available.
Buy it here
4) Echo Auto
Now you’ll be able to connect Alexa to your car using your phone, meaning you’ll never have to take your eyes off the road to change the radio station, song, or even open the garage door. Instead, just ask the Alexa-enabled device for directions, to adjust the air conditioning or call mom!
Price: $24.99 (regularly $49.99)
Buy it here
5) Echo Plus
The Echo Plus does everything your old Echo used to do before you traded it in for an upgrade. You can still ask this Alexa-enabled device to play music, control compatible smart lights, switches, sensors, door locks, and more. The difference between the Plus and your old Amazon Echo is the Echo Plus has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily set up and control your compatible smart home devices, and an improved sound for streaming music.
Price: $149.99 (regularly $164.98)
The new and improved Echo Dot delights users with louder, richer audio than ever before. But don’t worry, the redesign didn’t change anything about how you use the voice-controlled speaker. So this Alexa-enabled device still features all the great functions that made you fall in love with it in the first place (it’s just somewhat smaller).
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Reward your child for reading with the Prime Book Box
- Which Amazon Fire Tablet is right for you?
- Get lightning fast iPhone screen repair with Amazon Home Services
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.