- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world 9 Months Ago
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter 9 Months Ago
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
Breaking news: Advent calendars are not just for kids to count off the days to Christmas anymore. If you miss the tradition from your own childhood, you may want to check out just how many adult Advent calendars there are. You can even buy a boozy one!
If you’re not a fan of spirits, you can also choose from bougie snack boxes, international chocolates, makeup, and skincare. You name it and there’s an Advent calendar for it. All that’s left to do is choose which one suits the person you’re gifting for best.
Best adult Advent calendars for the 2018 season
What’s inside: Featuring both cult classics and Body Shop favorites, these adult Advent calendars are cruelty-free and 100% vegetarian, so you can feel good about feeling good. The Body Shop currently offers four of these, two of which (the Deluxe Advent Calendar and 24 Days of the Enchanted Advent calendar) are available on Amazon and eligible for Prime shipping. The boxes contain glitter dust, body butter, matte liquid lipstick, shower gel, exfoliating gloves and more.
What’s inside: If you’re a tea lover, you’ll want to get your hands on this crate of organic brews. It contains 25 individual tea bags sourced from 13 varieties of leaves, making it the perfect sampler for finding your favorite seasonal blend.
What’s inside: Filled with only the best jam in the world, this Bonne Maman collection includes 1oz jars of classic flavors and holiday exclusives including Raspberry and Lychee, Strawberry and Redcurrant, Pineapple and Passion Fruit, Orange and Cinnamon and Morello Cherry.
- What exactly is seasonal affective disorder?
- The coolest Lego sets to empower girls
- Waze vs Google Maps vs Apple Maps: The best navigation app
What’s inside: Behind each door is one of many beloved Norman Rockwell paintings. The 3D pop-up also includes moving parts, so this is probably one of those rare times where you can touch a work of art without getting in trouble.
What’s inside: Ditch the chocolate and unwind with a little wine, maybe some cognac? Whatever! With The Holiday Spirits calendar, you get to sip on your choice of alcohol every night of the week. Here’s how it works: purchase the precut box and fill it with whatever (mini) bottles of booze you can get your hands on. Reviewers love these boxes and say they make for festive office or hostess gifts.
What’s inside: 24 windows house 24 different bath bombs, lotions, and soaps–so you can make every day a spa day!
What’s inside: If you’ve never had Trader Joe’s chocolate, oh man. You. are. missing. out. Put your depravity in the past and treat yourself to 24 heavenly milk chocolates.
What’s inside: Mini versions of every color in this year’s holiday collection (which was inspired by Disney’s upcoming film The Nutcracker). Meaning you’re getting 25 OPI nail lacquers! And if you’re not already familiar with the brand, be prepared to never go back to using drugstore polishes. OPI nail polish lasts way longer and you don’t even need a topcoat. Some of the colors you can expect to see in this collection are Dazzling Dew Drop, Princesses Rule!, Toying with Trouble, Ginger’s Revenge, Black Cherry Chutney, and more.
What’s inside: Consider this the ultimate Advent calendar for those with a sweet tooth. Each day reveals a mini pack of Haribo favorites–like cola gummies, fruit gummies, marshmallows, licorice, and gum.
What’s inside: This isn’t just another beauty advent calendar. Morris and Co.’s Pure collection encourages full-body care by designing its products with fragrant ingredients in two relaxing scents. The calendar comes complete with bath salts, body lotions, hand cream, bubble bath, and bath bombs.
What’s inside: A ThinkGeek exclusive, this artfully designed Advent calendar showcases Hagrid’s hut, a true million dollar view–the Hogwarts skyline, and delights you with 24 mini vinyl Funko POP! figurines of your favorite characters from the series. Including Harry, Hermoine, Ron, and 21 others who-shall-not-be-named.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 36 of the best gifts you can buy for each zodiac sign
- Delight the bookworms in your life with an Audible membership
- White elephant gifts so good they’ll start fights at the party
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Featured items are sponsored and The Daily Dot receives payment. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.