Vlogbrothers' Hank Green performs "Tumblr: The Musical," with a little help from Hipster Ariel.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The U.S. government says it can freeze Megaupload’s assets even if the case against the file-sharing site and its top executives is dismissed.
- The Atlantic Wire asks, “What would a cyberwar really look like?”
- Google apparently failed to delete personal data its Street View vehicles inadvertently collected from people’s Wi-Fi hotspots, despite being ordered to do so back in 2010.
- That didn’t take long: Chick-fil-A defender and alleged sockpuppet “Abby Farle” is now a meme.
- The Black Hat hacker conference just wrapped up in Las Vegas, and the New York Times has the highlights.
- Heads up, FarmVille addicts: Zynga execs are currently under investigation for SEC violations after the company’s stock took a dip.
Above: Hank Green of Vlogbrothers presents “Tumblr: The Musical.”
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
This couple's counter-protesting with pro-lifers, and documenting it on Tumblr
In late June, the Supreme Court rejected a law, enacted in 2007, that required 35-foot buffer zones around abortion clinics in Massachusetts. This law was intended to help minimize episodes of violence and harassment against women and families entering clinics, but the Supreme Court decided it violated the First Amendment.
From Our VICE Partners