Ben Miller performs xkcd's college-advicey Gilbert and Sullivan tribute, "Every Major's Terrible."
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Facebook is now the second most popular destination on the Web for streaming video.
- How a 1973 Playboy pic of Lena Soderbergh, aka “Lenna,” became one of the most-used photos on the early Internet.
- A 1988 law that keeps video rental records private also applies to your viewing habits on streaming video services, as Hulu found out the hard way in a privacy lawsuit.
- A new Twitter app called Uncertain Rainbow removes profile names and pictures from Twitter, replacing them with "colors, words, and uncertainty" instead.
- New meme alert: Office Thoughts. It's all about working hard (or hardly working).
- An app that strips Instagram photos of their faux-vintage filters turns out to work on actual old photos, too.
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Wikipedians wage war over a capital "I" in a "Star Trek" film
When it comes to world class pedantry, few groups can challenge the prowess of Wikipedians and Star Trek fans. So when the two come together it's little surprise they create a swirling maelstrom of anal retention from which no common sense can escape.
From Our VICE Partners