From Hobbiton to Hogwarts, here are the real-life locales behind 10 of the most iconic places in movie history.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Australian police officially warn of the dangers of Apple Maps.
- A quick hack will let you view Instagram photos on Twitter again.
- Google Maps’ new nighttime feature will blow your mind.
- Why did a tennis star buy the world’s entire supply of rare and delicious donkey’s milk cheese?
- Accused murderer, antivirus software guru, and all-around cult hero John McAfee has sold the movie rights to his bizarre life story.
Above: 10 of your favorite film locations in real life.
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Bad Lip Reading gives the 'Walking Dead' zombies a catchy theme song
The maestro of YouTube comedy, Bad Lip Reading, is back and hungry for brains. The folks who brought you "Medieval Land Fun-Time World" and endless Twilight parodies are back with a homage to The Walking Dead season 4, complete with rap lyrics, mushy turtles, and oh, yes, a zombie musical uprising.
R-rated 'Harry Potter' parody imagines an even worse life for Harry and friends
As Harry Potter fans often like to point out, the series isn't exactly a happy children's tale. In the first book alone, we find out that our hero has lived the entire first decade of his life in a dark crawlspace while suffering extreme emotional and physical abuse at the hands of his relatives, all following the horrific murder of his parents by an actual sociopathic serial killer. And the first book is
The Latest From Daily Dot Video