From Hobbiton to Hogwarts, here are the real-life locales behind 10 of the most iconic places in movie history.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Australian police officially warn of the dangers of Apple Maps.
- A quick hack will let you view Instagram photos on Twitter again.
- Google Maps’ new nighttime feature will blow your mind.
- Why did a tennis star buy the world’s entire supply of rare and delicious donkey’s milk cheese?
- Accused murderer, antivirus software guru, and all-around cult hero John McAfee has sold the movie rights to his bizarre life story.
Above: 10 of your favorite film locations in real life.
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Kids' orchestra slays with Led Zeppelin xylophone covers
That rock and roll exists at all is a testament to artistic rebellion, and when it comes to turning convention on its head, the Louisville Leopard Percussionists are virtually without peers. Who else could translate the heavy metal stylings of Led Zeppelin into a xylophone-and-marimba opus?
Here's your chance to rent a real-life Hobbit house in the English countryside
Fans of J.R.R. Tolkien ’s The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings who've always dreamed of visiting the Shire could soon enjoy the next best thing.
The Latest From Daily Dot Video