Sock it to 'em, Boston. Also: Why your video games are made by the same boring ol' white dudes.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- 10 heroes of the Boston Marathon tragedy.
- Also good: The Boston Marathon will continue as planned in 2014.
- Why your video games are made by childless, 31-year-old white men, and how one studio is fighting back.
- You've seen this all over your Facebook by now, but the Dove "Real Beauty" ad is worth three minutes of your time.
- 30 adorable puppy GIFs: I think we could all use this.
- 10 picks for the Tribeca Film Festival.
- Watch Rave Dad go HAM at Coachella.
- Cool. Tiny spacesuits let insect larvae survive in a vacuum.
- I'll leave you with this: Quvenzhané Wallis in a hardcore dance-off post–MTV Movie Awards.
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Runner with muscular dystrophy finished the Boston Marathon at 4am
Maickel Melamed, a college professor from Venezuela, crossed the finish line for the Boston Marathon at 4:00 this morning, a grueling 20 hours after the starting gun went off yesterday morning.
The most futuristic technologies of 2014
BY CRISTINA GUTIERREZ 2014 was a a year full of outrageous as well as ingenious products and prototypes that have delivered new perspectives and changed lives. Take a look back at some of the memorable implementations that surfaced this year and made us realize that we’re actually living in the future.