If you've ever been on a long road trip or invited to a slumber party or spent a year as an 8th-grader, you've likely played the game "Would You Rather."
The rules are incredibly simple and universally known. But on the off-chance you're visiting us from outer space, here's how "Would You Rather" works: You begin by posing a dilemma of two equally horrible-seeming (or sometimes equally enticing) options to the other player. Here's an example: "Would you rather have sex with a dog and nobody in the world knows you did it, or would you rather not have sex with a dog, and everybody in the world thinks you did it?"
You then smirk as the other player wrestles with such an impossible scenario. After they pick what they consider to be the less awful of two atrocious situations, it's their turn to come up with a dilemma for you.
The game is a regular segment on the Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast. Celebrity guests including Ice-T and Bernie Sanders are asked by host Scott Aukerman to choose what they believe to be the best of two dreadful scenarios. The questions are nutty and awful: "Would you rather eat an entire Christmas tree, or have all of your children have Jim Carrey's face from The Grinch tattooed on their chests?" is one question Aukerman posed to comedian Patton Oswalt.
The beauty of "Would You Rather" is its simplicity. The game requires no advance knowledge and no skills outside a little bit of creativity. But it's only as fun as the people you play with. There's no denying that the more absurd and occasionally X-rated "Would You Rather" gets, the more fun it becomes.
For a bit of inspiration, here are our picks for the best "Would You Rather" questions for 2016 compiled from Reddit, either.io, and our sick, sick imaginations.1) Would you rather gain 10 pounds or be banned from the internet for a month?
2) Would you rather an unrecognizable child photo of you be the subject of a vicious internet meme (i.e. Ermahgerd Girl) that lasts for years, or be the laughingstock of Twitter for a day?
5) Would you rather have to read every word of the "terms and conditions" when you're prompted to, or have to ask your parents for permission every time you have sex?
6) Would you rather be a millionaire or live in the world of Harry Potter?
7) Would you rather live in the world of Star Wars or cure a rare form of cancer?
8) When you die, would you rather have your credit card statement or your Google search history released?
9) Would you rather be allergic to chocolate or allergic to smartphones?
10) Would you rather have your Seamless account hacked and all the details made public, or have all your files and folders filled with porn?
11) Would you rather play Pokémon Go in real life or The Last Guardian in real life?
12) Would you rather have your Netflix viewing history made public or your Spotify listening history made public?
13) Would you rather be in a real-life version of The Walking Dead or a real-life version of Game of Thrones?
14) Would you rather be permanently banned from Tinder or be permanently banned from all grocery stores within a 5-mile radius of where you live?
15) Would you rather have a hacker swoop in and publicize all the selfies you've taken in the past year (without filters) or have your personal email hacked?
16) Would you rather lose the ability to vote in elections or the ability to say anything on social media (including commenting on people's Facebook posts or liking their photos on Instagram)?
17) Would you rather have the ability to find out why someone you're dating ghosts on you or the ability to see actual ghosts?
18) Would you rather lose all the photos you've taken on your smartphone this year or lose all the books you own?
19) Would you rather gain 10 friends in real life or 10,000 followers on Twitter?
20) Who would you rather bring back from the dead: Harambe or the late Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia?
21) Would you rather be catfished or the victim of identify theft?
22) Would you rather lose access to a smartphone for a year and get a 10 percent raise at work or keep your smartphone and the same salary?
23) Would you rather have the last five photos on your camera roll appear on a billboard in Times Square or have every unflattering photo you've untagged yourself from on Facebook reappear overnight?
24) Would you rather be able to pick the person who becomes the next President of the United States or the person who directs Star Wars: Episode X?
26) Would you rather be forced to host a big dinner party and invite everyone you left-swiped on Tinder or have brunch with the last person who called you out on Twitter?
27) Would you rather lose your ability to text or lose your ability to give a high-five?
28) Would you rather sound like Jar-Jar Binks for the rest of your life or Siri?
29) Would you rather lose the ability to use GPS for the rest of your life or lose the ability to use a debit or credit card?
30) Would you rather don only Sailor Moon outfits for the rest of your life or dress like the cast of Hamilton for the rest of your life?
31) Would you rather have the ability to see every text that wasn't sent to you or the ability to see every text that is about you?
32) Would you rather have nude photos of you leaked on the internet but not seen by anyone you know or accidentally moon everyone at work during an important meeting?
33) Would you rather be forced to talk like Donald Trump's Twitter feed for a year or bingewatch every single episode of The Apprentice?
34) Would you rather have eyes that can film everything or ears that can record everything?
35) Would you rather be stuck with your original screen name for the rest of your life or have to change usernames and passwords every month?
36) Would you rather be doxed by Anonymous or have your information leaked in a health insurance provider hack?
37) Would you rather have Reddit take up 90 percent of your day or 9gag take up 90 percent of your day?
38) Would you rather have Trump win the 2016 presidential election or have the voice in your head sound like Trump for the rest of your life?
39) Would you rather eat the Twitter bird or the World Wildlife Fund panda?
40) Would you rather always get stuck in traffic or always have a really slow internet connection?
41) Would you rather have a flying car or have 1Tbps Internet connection?
44) Would you rather get trolled on Twitter by hundreds or get called an offensive name on the street by a stranger?
46) Would you rather be forced to see your friends only once a month or lose 100 Twitter followers every month?
47) Would you rather have unlimited storage space on your iPhone or unlimited storage space in real-life?
49) Would you rather have Google search results for your name confused with a convicted killer or a famous pornstar?
50) Would you rather give the rest of the internet control over your Twitter account or give your mom control over your Tinder account?