goldfish choking

Photo via Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services/Facebook

Love knows no bounds.

Most people would do anything to save their pet—even a tiny goldfish.

Emma Marsh's pet goldfish Conquer accidentally ate a stone that it mistook for a tasty snack and was unable to spit it back out. In order to save her fish, she rushed to Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services and paid A$500 ($377 in American dollars) to save her beloved finned friend.

That's a lot of money, considering the fact that Marsh originally bought Courage for A$12 (or $8.94).

[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/162228967128663/photos/a.1256837947667754.1073741894.162228967128663/1256838161001066/?type=3&permPage=1 embed.]
Marsh told the Courier Mail, “I treat fish like they’re any other pet." And the pebble did look pretty damn big. Conquer is only 5 cm long—the stone was about 8 or 9mm. That's almost a fifth of Conquer's size.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/162228967128663/photos/a.1256837947667754.1073741894.162228967128663/1256838197667729/?type=3&theater embed.]
This isn't the first time we've seen vets pull extraordinary feats with goldfish. Back in March, Mr. Hot Wing the goldfish was outfitted with tiny braces. Everyone in his school made fun of him, but it was worth it.  

H/T MashableCourier Mail

Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
goldfish
Colorado Parks and Wildlife is battling an invasive goldfish army
A Colorado lake has been overrun with a population of goldfish several thousand strong.
From Our VICE Partners
Group

Pure, uncut internet. Straight to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing to our newsletter!