With hundreds of millions of tweets per day, it’s impossible to follow everything happening on Twitter. Every Friday, the Daily Dot rounds up notable Twitter news and stories from the past week—in 140 characters or less.
- Expanded tweets now have product information, photo galleries, and the option to link to things inside apps.
- Here's a profile of Jason Goldman, a former Twitter product manager who helped build the community.
- Stock traders can keep a closer eye on breaking news with tweets now showing on Bloomberg terminals.
- Your tweets may be used to calculate your credit score, so think twice before tweeting about how much you hate your job.
- Your doctor might be staying off Twitter because of privacy and lawsuit concerns.
- A 104-year-old man is set to answer gardening questions on Twitter this summer.
- Regardless of whether this is actually Joe Mazzello, this is a fine tweet.
- U.K. airports do a decent job of tweeting with passengers.
- Small companies benefit from using Twitter, according to a survey. Arena Flowers is a great example of a small firm using humor effectively.
- Canadian Senator Patrick Brazeau, suspended after physical and sexual assault charges, played a dumb April Fool prank about quitting.
- Once a month, Shenmue fans campaign Sega to release the game series license so a third installment can be made.
- A press conference to announce New Zealand's top spy was deemed a "Twitter-free zone." Heaven forbid that news leak on Twitter.
- Hey, Brits, your taxes are paying the salaries of some good police force social media managers.
Photo of the week: Community's Danny Pudi loves Game of Thrones just as much as the rest of us. (@dannypudi)
Solar Impulse 2 breaks flight record by traveling 5 days without refueling
The world's longest solo flight record has been broken by a plane that didn't even stop to refuel.3.9k
xPeke plans to retire after Worlds
One of the most iconic names in esports plans to hang up his mouse and keyboard in just a couple of months.3.9k
Here's a N64 controller working on an Xbox One
Hyperkin has created a Nintendo 64 controller prototype that works on Xbox One.3.4k
U.S. women win first World Cup since '99
The Americans ride Carli Lloyd's hat trick for World Cup title.
xPeke plans to retire after Worlds3.9k