With hundreds of millions of tweets per day, it’s impossible to follow everything happening on Twitter. Every Friday, the Daily Dot rounds up notable Twitter news and stories from the past week—in 140 characters or fewer.
- Twitter's made some internal changes that might streamline its management structure.
- The company's cofounder, Jack Dorsey, wants to become the mayor of New York City. Only he's been talking about the job for some time.
- Meanwhile NYC mayoral candidate Joe Lhota wants to meet the man behind the excellent @DrunkHulk.
- Twitter's being sued for $50m over its delay in handing over the identity of anti-Semitic tweeters.
- A nice guy soccer player gave a fan game tickets after tweeting back and forth with him.
- David Bowie hit the top of the U.K. album charts. His son, Duncan Jones, had some sly praise:
- Jon Hendren, a.k.a. @fart, discussed the inner workings of "weird Twitter."
- An MP criticized another over a dating ad on a Twitlonger post. Maybe he doesn't realize such ads are based on your own browser history.
- Twitter is growing fast in Saudi Arabia and Turkey, apparently.
- Is Lindsay Lohan using Twitter as a "probation diary"?
- Anna Kendrick has some choice words for recipe writers:
Japan accepts U.S. giant-robot battle challenge
What a time to be alive.12k
The Philae comet lander may have discovered alien life
Don't get too excited just yet. The findings haven't been verified.5.0k
South Carolina State Senate votes to take down Confederate flag
The vote sets up another vote and then an almost-certain signature by the governor.2.8k
Makeup artist vanishes behind terrifying and fantastic face art
From a dinosaur to Venom, you might have trouble seeing the artist behind these transformations.
Counter-Strike squad affNity signs with 3sUP
3sUP is best know for its Call of Duty outings.111