With hundreds of millions of tweets per day, it’s impossible to follow everything happening on Twitter. Every Friday, the Daily Dot rounds up notable Twitter news and stories from the past week—in 140 characters or fewer.
- Twitter's made some internal changes that might streamline its management structure.
- The company's cofounder, Jack Dorsey, wants to become the mayor of New York City. Only he's been talking about the job for some time.
- Meanwhile NYC mayoral candidate Joe Lhota wants to meet the man behind the excellent @DrunkHulk.
- Twitter's being sued for $50m over its delay in handing over the identity of anti-Semitic tweeters.
- A nice guy soccer player gave a fan game tickets after tweeting back and forth with him.
- David Bowie hit the top of the U.K. album charts. His son, Duncan Jones, had some sly praise:
- Jon Hendren, a.k.a. @fart, discussed the inner workings of "weird Twitter."
- An MP criticized another over a dating ad on a Twitlonger post. Maybe he doesn't realize such ads are based on your own browser history.
- Twitter is growing fast in Saudi Arabia and Turkey, apparently.
- Is Lindsay Lohan using Twitter as a "probation diary"?
- Anna Kendrick has some choice words for recipe writers:
Texans are adopting dogs in droves to rescue them from flooded animal shelters
Now this is Southern hospitality.65k
This photo of an Army widow at her husband's grave reminds us what Memorial Day is all about
Laureen Lopez-Berry's husband Richard was killed by a car bomb in Afghanistan in 2012.39k
How to play every classic video game on your phone
The best '80s and '90s consoles in the palm of your hand.20k
This 'Bob's Burgers' writer will hate-watch 'Entourage' for charity
She's trying to raise a total of $10,000 for CureSearch.
Tiny bear cubs have the world's cutest wrestling match
Can. Not. Handle. This.8