The Tweekender: Could Chandler and Monica BE more together?
With hundreds of millions of tweets per day, it’s impossible to follow everything happening on Twitter. Every Friday, the Daily Dot rounds up notable Twitter news and stories from the past week—in 140 characters or less.
- Emails sent by Twitter just got a little more authentic.
- In the wake of several high-profile account hacks this week, a timely reminder from Twitter about password security.
- Twitter has the option of secretly filing to become a public company to keep its accounts away from prying eyes until the last second.
- A judge told a man to pay damages, delete offending tweets, and tweet an apology over a horse racing-related scuffle.
- College kids are making out with each other. Who knew?! Oh, right, creeps who tweet photos of them with tongues down each others' throats.
- More than 80,000 people tweeted to brag about having one of the few million most-viewed LinkedIn profiles. Good job, Internet.
- Jose Canseco explained gravity and it was glorious.
- NASCAR should probably pay closer attention to the tweets appearing on its site.
- Brands are tweeting their Instagrams less often than before Instagram killed the option to view photos directly in tweets.
- Several Tories tweeted the exact same attack on a Liberal Democrat candidate. I guess they've never heard of retweets.
- A woman thought it would be a good idea to have her caesarean section livetweeted.
- Lisa Lampanelli tweeted something inappropriate. Who'd have thought?
The week's best new users: Sam Jaeger, of Parenthood, put down his work tools long enough to start tweeting. The Walking Dead's Jon Bernthal and Olympic champion hurdler Sally Pearson are also newcomers.
Photo of the week: Could Chandler and Monica be more back together? Courteney Cox filmed a guest spot on Matthew Perry's show Go On. (@CourteneyCox)