Reddit's tiny, poignant tribute to Roger Ebert
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- r/movies memorializes Roger Ebert by changing upvote and downvote arrows to thumbs-up and thumbs-down images. (r/movies)
- Can the "Reddit hivemind" be better understood through common words used between subreddits? (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Alien Ant Farm strikes Reddit with a smooth AMA. (r/IAMA)
- Redditors describe the worst parties they ever attended. (r/askreddit)
- When it comes to test-taking, a cheat sheet can serve you well—as a study method. (r/LifeProTips)
- r/AskHistorians explains how World War II was funded in a time that the U.S. was in a crippling depression. (r/AskHistorians)
- Where did middle names come from? (r/explainlikeimfive)
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's evolution on Internet freedom
When it comes to Internet freedom, Scalia may have been one of the great legal minds of our time.
Why Google's algorithms suggested an offensive search result about Muslims
The computer shows you what it's learned.
French court rules man can sue Facebook over century-old vagina painting
His account was suspended years ago, but now he can fight back.
You can use Pixar films to learn about computer science
Learn from the best.
The Arrow smart go-kart is like a Tesla for kids
It'll make you wish you were a kid again.
How to create your own Snapchat geofilter and not get rejected
It's one way to leave a memorable impression.
How do you make Twitter take harassment seriously? Be an astronaut
One small step back for trolls.
The best Valentine's Day movies for people who hate Valentine's Day
If you just want Valentine’s Day to be over already… but still can’t deny that tiny part of yourself that believes in love.
11 Valentine's Day episodes to add to your queue
'New Girl,' 'Parks and Rec'… Even 'Mad Men' delivers the feels.
We intercepted some highly inappropriate Valentine's Day cards
When you care enough to send the very best.
18 people who completely ruined Valentine's Day
Love's not for everyone.
My OkCupid marriage proves you don't need proximity to find love
He was in New Jersey. She was in the Philippines. Now they're married.