Also in today's Reddit Digest: Berkeley astrophysicist Alex Filippenko celebrates Pi Day with an AMA.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- To mark Pi Day, r/explainlikeimfive reveals why pi is, in fact, an infinite number. (r/explainlikeimfive)
- r/TheoryOfReddit discusses success and horror stories with private and restricted subreddits. (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- A heated discussion about the Pope and religion unfolds in, of course, r/mylittlepony. (r/Subredditdrama)
- A redditor struggling to put together a wedding is gifted a special vinyl album by a fellow redditor. (r/bestof)
- Redditors discuss their toilet stories. (r/AskReddit)
- Berkeley astrophysicist Alex Filippenko celebrates Pi Day with an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- Philadelphia girl turns to Reddit to find a prom date. (r/philadelphia)
- When arm wrestling, who has the advantage? (r/AskScience)
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Amtrak train smashes truck carrying a lifetime supply of bacon
An Amtrak train carrying 203 passengers collided on Friday afternoon with a truck hauling tens of thousands of pounds of bacon. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
Big Bird broke our hearts today
Reddit Ask Me Anything sessions (AMAs) can be somewhat of a mixed bag. Sometimes the celebrities invited to do a session spend the entire time focused on their latest project while crudely sidestepping the questions that matter most to the audience; other times they decide to give in to their fandoms and subsequently break the Internet.
The Latest From Daily Dot Video