This is what a massive DDoS attack looks like
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Reddit is protesting the passage of CISPA; AskReddit is featuring a black background and explainlikeimfive has been made private. r/LifeProTips covers how to battle some subreddits' style changes. (r/LifeProTips)
- r/TheoryOfReddit discusses the effects that huge news like last week's Boston Marathon bombing has on Reddit mods. (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Cheech and Chong host an AMA on, appropriately enough, 4/20. (r/IAMA)
- Boston police thank Reddit for the free pizza. (r/bestof)
- Sean Collier, the MIT campus patrol officer who was killed in a confrontation with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, is remembered by his brother-in-law. (r/bestof)
- r/AskHistorians outlines the history of pornography from 1400 to 1800. (r/AskHistorians)
- Why does food cooked in a microwave taste different from food cooked in the oven? (r/AskScience)
- The traffic during Friday's massive DDoS attack on Reddit is illustrated in a graph. (r/MetaHub)
Campus protests can go viral in no time–so can the backlash
College protests don't just take place in the quad anymore.
Uplift wants to educate the YouTube community about abuse
It starts out as an Internet fandom fairy tale.
The real origins of piecaken, the Internet's latest dessert craze
Piecaken is about to change Thanksgiving's dessert game. Again.
Here's why Thanksgiving could actually be good for your health
The research says expressing gratitude makes you healthier.
Washington Redskins torn apart for annual Thanksgiving tweet
The replies on Twitter say it all.
Black Lives Matter storms Macy's ahead of Thanksgiving Day Parade
Just hours before the festivities, there was a protest on 34th Street.
4 of the best Thanksgiving movies you can stream
Stream before you stuff.
9 Cyber Monday beauty deals you don't want to miss
The deals don't stop on Black Friday.
Facebook will now give all new parents four full months of paid leave
The improved policies will benefit new dads, same-sex couples.
Instagram will finally offer support for multiple accounts
Making social media management that much easier.
Here's what the world's largest radio telescope looks like right now
It's going to be huge.
Lizard Squad takes credit for PlayStation Network's temporary outage
PlayStation gamers experience another holiday attack.
You can buy the new Raspberry Pi Zero for just $5
It's a fraction of what Raspberry Pi's other models cost.
This iPhone case is like an origami VR headset
It's not just a figment of your imagination.