Reddit's r/Circlejerk goes underground until users' bans are lifted
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Reddit is preparing for the Global Reddit Meetup Day on June 15. (r/blog)
- Would r/AskScience be better off as a standalone site? (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Tom Shadyac, director of films such as Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and The Nutty Professor, hosts an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- Due to several users getting shadowbanned, r/circlejerk shuts its doors. (r/MetaHub)
- Two different redditors in Denver snap a picture of the exact same lightning bolt. (r/bestof)
- Redditor PhoneDojo explains the secret to getting 600,000+ karma points in just one year. (r/bestof)
- r/AskHistorians discusses historical inaccuracies in the Book of Mormon. (r/AskHistorians)
- What is the lifespan of data on a rarely-used hard drive? (r/AskScience)
Donald Trump is right about the Middle East
Believe it or not, Trump has a point about Iraq.
The digital future of work is leaving the poor behind
Telecommuting is putting an end to long commutes—for everyone but those who need it most.
Microsoft's new Lumia phones bring futuristic panache to the mobile game
The Lumia 950 and 950 XL pack game-changing bells, whistles.
A drunk man's assault on a robot raises unusual legal issues
When he kicked a robotic store clerk last month, Kiichi Ishikawa opened up an academic can of worms.
How to use Twitter Moments
Get your daily dose of information a whole lot easier.
Microsoft's new Band is more expensive and more comfortable than its first
Microsoft's smartwatch alternative lost weight, but gained a higher price
Microsoft unveils the Surface Book, a true MacBook competitor
Microsoft is launching a hybrid notebook with Apple-like pricing.
Microsoft HoloLens might be the future of video gaming
It's impossible to watch this demo and not want to play with HoloLens right now.
Mike Huckabee calls on Christians to boycott Frito-Lay over Rainbow Doritos
Huckabee once called Americans 'economic terrorists' for boycotting Chick-fil-A.
DOJ to track U.S. police killings with new open-source system
The effort to track police violence will soon get some major help.
Hillary Clinton tries to flip the script on Benghazi in first 2016 ad
For Democrats, McCarthy's remarks are the gift that keeps on giving.
Democrats beat Republicans on Facebook grammar, Grammarly study shows
When you argue about politics on Facebook, everyone loses.
European court throws out U.S.–E.U. data-sharing pact over NSA surveillance
This could have major consequences on both sides of the pond.
4chan 'beta uprising' spreads countless threats of more school massacres
4chan's /r9k/ imageboard has completely lost it.
Black professor under fire for Ben Carson tweet containing racial slur
Butler's remark was likely aimed at the NASCAR culture and not Carson himself.