April Fools' Day on Reddit: Hats, John Green, sponsored posts, and a color war
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- r/theoryofreddit dissects the removal of r/todayilearned, the sponsored posts of r/askscience, the Orangered-Periwinkle battle, and more of April Fools' Day 2013. (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- New York Times bestselling author John Green hosts AMA. Admittedly for hats. (r/IAMA)
- On r/mylittlepony, an AMA is conducted by a former member of r/bronyhate. (r/SubredditDrama)
- Does the Pope have limits on his power? (r/AskHistorians)
- Why do large masses move slower than individuals? (r/AskScience)
- r/LifeProTips highlights the benefits of working out to audio books. (r/LifeProTips)
- Safe Watch Update: dont_call_me_smee does not out everything as an April Fool's prank. In fact, he hasn't been heard from in a week. (r/whatsinthisthing)
Online museum launches 'Art Lives' exhibit of artists lost to AIDS
On World AIDS Day, explore these artists whose lives were claimed too soon.
Everything we know about 'Game of Thrones' season 6
One thing is for certain: just how uncertain the next season will be.
The history of anti-abortion terrorism in the United States
A former FBI bureau chief tells us how it all works.
Colorado lawmaker: 'True instigator' of clinic shooting is Planned Parenthood
Abortion 'would easily send anyone over the hill who wasn't rational.'
Planned Parenthood and the dangerous rhetoric of hate
Words can be a powerful tool to spread hatred and violence.
After the Planned Parenthood shooting, 'The Daily Show' defends white Christian men
Finally, someone is standing up for white, Christian men in America.
Planned Parenthood suspected shooter Robert Dear could face death penalty
The suspected shooter appeared in court via video link on Monday.
The real story behind this viral Planned Parenthood photo
Ambarie Schiefer had good reasons for giving the bird.
How attacking Planned Parenthood shames women into silence
Politicians are up in arms about viral videos. Here's what this is really about.
Why I tweeted about my abortion
#ShoutYourAbortion is full of important personal stories—including mine.
Mark Zuckerberg’s letter to his daughter is something the world should read
Talk about giving someone hope for humanity.
Zuckerberg and wife Priscilla Chan welcome baby daughter Max into the world
The couple plan to fix the world for their new daughter.
Your Christmas lights might be killing your Wi-Fi signal
It's the worst present ever.
Chrome's new 'Star Wars' spoiler blocker works a little too well
For some people, this may be a good thing.
Has your Netflix account been acting strange? A hacker may be to blame
Use this tool to see where your logins might be used.
7 gifts for the selfie addict on your list
Buy your friends something they'll actually use.
Is this crowdfunded, futuristic sneaker too good to be true?
The kicks of your dreams—but they might stay there.