The Tweekender: Patrick Stewart assimilates Wil Wheaton
With hundreds of millions of tweets per day, it’s impossible to follow everything happening on Twitter. Every Friday, the Daily Dot rounds up notable Twitter news and stories from the past week—in 140 characters or fewer.
- Analytics company PeopleBrowsr won a court decision to maintain its access to Twitter's complete feed of public tweets, at least for now.
- Twitter now has a "Yellow Pages" in Japan, just in case you ever need a tweeting plumber at 3am and can't work Google.
- The account of recently deceased African singer Goldie is still active, sharing links to a Nigerian movie site.
- Ever wanted to create a Twitter app? Code Academy's got your back.
- Emma Stone's second tweet was a weird anagram about boyfriend Andrew Garfield kissing someone while filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Kuwait's back at it, jailing two people for tweeted insults about the emir.
- Here's a look at Twitter's infrastructure and how it keeps everything running smoothly behind the scenes.
- Reporters covering NCAA postseason games are no longer beholden to limits on the number of tweets they can send during a game.
- The South African Ministry of State Security's account was compromised.
- Three civil servants in Wales were sanctioned for sharing political opinions last year.
Photo of the week: Patrick Stewart assimilates his old Star Trek: The Next Generation costar and Internet icon Wil Wheaton. (@AnneWheaton)