Why you should never ask Reddit for help making meth
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Safe Watch, Day 4: New Zealand redditor whose friend discovered a locked safe in his new home informs curious redditors that a locksmith will be there within days. (r/whatsinthisthing)
- Does Reddit have its own language? If so, has that language created stereotypes and specific vocabularies? (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Redditors list who they would most like to represent the human race to visiting aliens. Yes, Nicolas Cage makes the list. (r/askreddit)
- Gerard Butler hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- A Steubenville resident familiar with everyone involved in the rape case hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- Reddit power user andrewsmith1986 marks his cake day by revealing himself to be both arrowtotheknee and Trapped_in_Reddit. (r/self)
- Maybe you shouldn't petition Reddit... even in r/drugs... for help making meth. (r/SubredditDrama)
- Reddit shirts have returned! (r/blog)
FBI raids dental software researcher who discovered private patient data on public server
Justin Shafer reported a flaw in a company's system. Then the FBI came knocking.
Are men OK?: GoateeSaver edition
Don't pretend this isn't a beauty tool.
MySpace may have been hacked and never told its users about it
This definitely isn't in anyone's top 8.
Facebook's ads will now follow you around the web
A small change will show Facebook ads to everyone.
6 things you've been throwing away that you can sell on eBay instead
It's time to turn your trash into cash.
How texting is saving the lives of teens in crisis
When in crisis, people can text someone who will listen.
The hysterical joy of testing a human-sized roach trap on actual humans
Earth Chemical wanted to know if they could build a trap big enough to catch mutant roaches, so they tested it on people.
Google just killed off its last really great tablet
The Nexus 9 is no more.
Police find credit-card skimmers in several Walmart self-checkout lanes
These lanes are like catnip for crooks who want to install skimmers.
15 wonderfully nerdy wedding cake toppers
If you want wedding guests to geek out, these alternatives are super effective.
Sling drinks like a pro with the master mixology course bundle
Appreciate booze for more than just the buzz.
Save big on pro studio headphones in Audio-Technica's one-day deal
Save big on headphones and gain big on sound.