Also in today's Reddit Digest: Steubenville resident AMA, Nicolas Cage, and Reddit's own language.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Safe Watch, Day 4: New Zealand redditor whose friend discovered a locked safe in his new home informs curious redditors that a locksmith will be there within days. (r/whatsinthisthing)
- Does Reddit have its own language? If so, has that language created stereotypes and specific vocabularies? (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Redditors list who they would most like to represent the human race to visiting aliens. Yes, Nicolas Cage makes the list. (r/askreddit)
- Gerard Butler hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- A Steubenville resident familiar with everyone involved in the rape case hosts an AMA. (r/iama)
- Reddit power user andrewsmith1986 marks his cake day by revealing himself to be both arrowtotheknee and Trapped_in_Reddit. (r/self)
- Maybe you shouldn't petition Reddit... even in r/drugs... for help making meth. (r/SubredditDrama)
- Reddit shirts have returned! (r/blog)
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Angry woman riding Splash Mountain was born to be a meme
Splash Mountain sucks. It’s, like, six seconds of actual ride. It features the jankiest animatronics in the entire amusement park. The line is always way too long, and there’s a chance you’ll spend the rest of the day soaked in that dirty, recycled log-flume water. It’s a bottom-tier attraction propped up by the same weird nostalgia that convinces people the Haunted Mansion is still a worthy endeavor in 2016. Seriously, fuck Splash Mountain.
From Our VICE Partners