Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Redditors share information and opinions as the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspects unfolds. (r/news)
- r/TheoryOfReddit discusses r/findbostonbombers and other subreddits that have popped up in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing. (r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Dirty underwear, "Your Mom" jokes, and more fill an AMA hosted by baseball great Jose Canseco. (r/IAMA)
- Upon hearing that redditor katiexleigh had to spend money she was saving on emergency dental work, fellow redditor Asron87 donated an Xbox to her. (r/bestof)
- Some members of the r/libertarian subreddit plan to boycott r/politics until its mods step down or it is removed as a default subreddit. (r/SubredditDrama)
- r/AskHistorians details the gradual change of the American accent. (r/AskHistorians)
- Do different types of liquor have different effects? (r/AskScience)
The forest amidst the lights and billboards of Times Square
Forget the tree that grows in Brooklyn. This ecologist wants to plant a forest in Times Square.
Unlocking the real Hillary Clinton with Crystal's email-scanning algorithm
Apparently, she's primed to win arguments with Obama.
This flying lawn chair is the best backyard project ever
An impressive demonstration of a completely silly aircraft.
Mozilla patches Firefox, bulks up security after hacker breaches its bugtracker
If you're running the latest version of Firefox, you're safe.
BlackBerry somehow found the money to acquire another company
Apparently even as a failing company, BlackBerry has a ton of money.
Mozilla's new Webmaker app lets anyone create Web pages on smartphones
Turning Internet users in emerging markets into contributors to the Web.
Meet 'Brett,' the robot that learns the way your toddler does—only faster
Researchers built Brett’s software on a neural network that operated like a human brain.
This 4K laptop is the first water-cooled notebook ever made
A work of art or a hideous monstrosity?
How 3D printing solved an ancient musical mystery
The problems with an Egyptian billionaire's plan to buy refugees an island
An Egyptian telecom tycoon wants to buy an Island for Europe's desperate refugee migrants.
NIST, FBI developing touchless fingerprint sensors
Time to invest in some new gloves?
Donald Trump's security guard punched a Hispanic protester in the face
The campaign is pressing charges against the protester for what he did to the guard first.
With Kim Davis behind bars, Kentucky county resumes issuing marriage licenses
Marriage has returned to Rowan County, Kentucky.
PBS anchor's trash-talking tweet draws network ire
Backlash to Gwen Ifill proves just how sensitive Obama's Iran Deal is.
DOJ bans warrantless stingray cellphone surveillance by federal agents
The policies do not effect state and local police using the device.