"The Golden Girls" tackles marriage equality
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The Golden Girls nailed marriage equality back in 1991. See above.
- Parents in Park Slope are crusading against iPads in the library. Jordan Valinsky (remember him?) makes funny Brooklyn jokes.
- This minor league ballpark will install video games in its urinals. Call it "X-Stream." But actually call it that, because it's trademarked.
- Rick Ross, c'mon, man. You can't rap about drugging and raping a woman.
- USA Today wants you to have a happy Passover. On Vine.
- Some updates on Spotify's video service.
- Rush Limbaugh has some thoughtful musings on lesbians and substance abuse.
- This guy grew a mohawk and paints advertisements on it. This "real-life" branding won't do much for his klout score, though.
- This Duke Chronicle March Madness headline.
- That red marriage equality sign on your Facebook profile is completely useless, says Vice. (IS IT? DO YOU DISAGREE?)
- Actor turned country singer Jim Carrey has a country song about gun control.
Don't spy on your kids and other social media lessons from VidCon
Building trust in the age of a million apps.
The KernelHow Romania brought broadband to a whole country—and who got left behind
For more than 30 years, a U.S. government program has helped provide connectivity to the poor. It recently expanded to provide broadband access—but critics want to shut it down.Presented by The Kernel
Inside Dosug, the dark net brothel that makes finding sex as easy as hailing an Uber
Every business sells a product. Dosug's is sex work 2.0.
J.K. Rowling debuts the 4 houses at the American wizarding school Ilvermorny
J.K. Rowling's latest Pottermore post includes a ton of new information about wizarding America.
'Suicide Squad' is more popular than 'Harry Potter' and 'Star Trek' on social media
Who knew fans were more excited about 'Suicide Squad' than the classics?
Hands-on preview: Farpoint may be the virtual reality first person shooter that gets it right
A brand new controller may be the key to proper FPS games in VR.
Petition calls for 'Star Wars' to include LGBT character in memory of Orlando victim
The victim was a huge 'Star Wars' fan.
The secret life of K-pop fans over 30
K-pop thrives on youth, and older fans find it's hard to catch the hallyu wave.
Where we stand after the 'Game of Thrones' season 6 finale
Winter is Here.
Bitmap Books is bringing a gorgeous Nintendo compendium to life
If your idea of a good coffeetable book features NES games, Bitmap Books is going to make you very happy.
Daily deals: Logitech computer gear, Pebble smartwatches, and more on sale today
Steam isn't the only company offering crazy gaming deals this week.
This looks like a camera lens, but it's actually a self-stirring coffee mug
Let the coffee stir itself, so you can get back to snapping.
10 books to read while you wait for 'Game of Thrones' to return
How else are you going to fill your Sunday night void?