Cool trick: MinutePhysics uses a YouTube video to illustrate the size of the observable universe.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Yahoo Japan offers a lifeline to Google Reader refugees.
- Did this news anchor get the best marriage proposal ever?
- A chart of the photos we never took before digital cameras existed.
- Welcome to Pinterest’s new, even pinnier site design.
- Cool trick: MinutePhysics uses a YouTube video to illustrate the size of the observable universe:
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Amtrak train smashes truck carrying a lifetime supply of bacon
An Amtrak train carrying 203 passengers collided on Friday afternoon with a truck hauling tens of thousands of pounds of bacon. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
How I accidentally started a Wikipedia hoax about Amelia Bedelia
Last weekend, Grantland writer Molly Lambert tweeted an Iggy Azalea pun about Amelia Bedelia, the protagonist of the eponymous children’s book series about a “literal-minded housekeeper” who misunderstands her employer’s orders. Jay Caspian Kang, an editor at NewYorker.com, then tweeted a screengrab of the Wikipedia entry for Amelia Bedelia, with a chunk of text highlighted:
The Latest From Daily Dot Video